Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Too many...
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver seat will not heat, the passenger side does. Fuses are good and the indicator LED next to the heater rocker switch does illuminate. Is this a common issue? Does anyone know off hand which of the connectors underneath are for the heating element? I would like to check for power to the connector and resistance across the element.

Thanks.

·
Registered
87 Brougham, 1969 Calais, 95 FWB, 07 SRX, 07 ESV
4,246 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
It takes ages for the seat heaters to come on and you wouldn't believe that our aftermarket rear seat heaters do better job than those OEM seat heaters in Fleetwood .

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
Doesn't surprise me a bit. GM isn't known for going with the best, just the cheapest that will work for warranty period... My seat heaters crapped out by 150k miles on my 94 Fleetwood. My 2000 Buick Park Ave Ultra, 100k. My 98 Lexus GS? 236k, still working.....

Both GM cars the heating element died. It is such a thin wire.

Oh my 99 Suburban K2500, still works, 200k....

·
Registered
Too many...
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for posting that thread!

The passenger side heats up pretty good, my passengers always comment on it but of course it gets used much less. What are these aftermarket heaters spoken of? For the record, the seats in my 150k Eldo heat up awesome, VERY quickly too.

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
If you can get the seat cover off, then replacing the wire is easy. You can just leave the old wire and hook up the new one. That is what the dealers often do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts