Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Just this morning I noticed a loud BUZZ coming from behind my glove-compartment. The volume of sound was determined by how fast my fan was blowing (heat). Is this a sign that my blower-motor is going?

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure but that sound like a good possibility.. Fortunately, the sound has stopped. When I got into my car this afternoon, the buzzing was gone. I drove several times this evening and heard nothing. I guess once the fan was stopped, whatever was in there had fallen out...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Probably some leaves in the ducts. I just had the same problem with my Dakota. Sure sounds mechanical, doesn't it?

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,017 Posts
I had a loud buzzing noise, and removed the blower after getting a replacement at AZ ready at hand. A 1/4" x 2" x 4" sheet of dense styrofoam was wedged in the squirrel cage. My only guess was this stuff is used in the plenum as insulator and the dealer had jarred it loose during one of several service appointments for an A/C mildew smell (I learned eventually of the famous "missing drain elbow", and educated the dealer's service dept.)

Anyway, existing motor went back in and all better. Incidentally, the motor leads on the aftermarket AZ blower were incompatible with the harness connectors, but a minor detail to work through considering the vastly lower price compared to a new GM motor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts