Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh man it's always full heat all the time. No matter where I put the control settings I get nothing but heat.

Anyone have ideas where I can start? I'm going to disconnect the heater hoses now, just for some relief.
:flame:

Dave

·
Registered
95 triple black fwb
890 Posts
Oh man it's always full heat all the time. No matter where I put the control settings I get nothing but heat.

Anyone have ideas where I can start? I'm going to disconnect the heater hoses now, just for some relief.
:flame:

Dave
sounds like the electronic control isnt working, may need a dash controller or the electronic unit thats on the heater box did you check for codes onj the hvac
I have any potential parts you may need

is the fan running on high or just cant switch to cool mode??

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know how to get the codes. I will have to do a search. The fan speeds are all ok, and the modes change correctly, I just cannot change the tempature even though the setting shows the degrees I ask for.

For now my feet stay very warm. lol

Dave

·
Registered
95 triple black fwb
890 Posts
I don't know how to get the codes. I will have to do a search. The fan speeds are all ok, and the modes change correctly, I just cannot change the tempature even though the setting shows the degrees I ask for.

For now my feet stay very warm. lol

No. Description Range Default Value Units
-00 PCM System Diagnostic Trouble Codes ...............................................
-01 CCM System Diagnostic Trouble Codes ...............................................
-02 ACAC (HVAC) System Diagnostic Trouble Codes .................
Dave
here the info Dave
the procedure on checking for fault codes through the a/c controls

might help you i/d your issue
Your Cadillac is equipped with a very good on-board diagnostic system capable of reading out the stored trouble codes.
To enter diagnotic mode:

* With the ignition in the "RUN" position (engine does not necessarily need to be running, but it will work either way).
* Push (and hold) "OFF" and "WARMER" simultaneously on the Electronic Climate Control (ECC) until all telltales lights illuminate (segment check).
* Release the "OFF" and "WARMER" buttons.
* System is now in diagnostic mode. "00" (zero-zero) should now be displayed. This is the pointer.
* Pressing "OUTSIDE TEMP" will allow you to display the corresponding code for the pointer.
* Use the "FAN SPEED" override switch (UP/DOWN) to increment or decrement the pointer number.
* Pressing "AUTO" or turning the ignition switch "OFF" exits diagnotic mode.

Pointers 00-04 contain the stored trouble codes.

* "00" = Powertrain Control Module (PCM) codes
* "01" = Central Control Module (CCM) codes
* "02" = Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) codes
* "03" = Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) codes
* "04" = Anti-lock Brake/Traction Control System (ABS/TC) Codes

Codes prefixed by a "1" are history codes.
A code can be cleared by pressing the "OFF" button while that particular code is being displayed.
1993 5.7L Throttle Body Injection, VIN 7
1994-1995-1996 5.7L Fuel Injection, VIN P
Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Codes

Code Description
at PCM

Central Control Module (CCM) Codes

Code Description
01-20 ................ Retained Accessory Power (RAP) enable circuit shorted to battery
01-21 ......... Retained Accessory Power (RAP) enable circuit open or shorted to ground
01-22 .................. Delayed Interior Light (DIL) enable circuit shorted to battery
01-23 ........... Delayed Interior Light (DIL) enable circuit open or shorted to ground
01-24 ...................................... Courtesy output circuit shorted to battery
01-25 ............................... Courtesy output circuit open or shorted to ground
01-26 ......... Variable Effort Steering (VES) output circuit open or shorted to ground
01-27 ........................................... VES output circuit shorted to battery
01-28 ............................................ VES tracking error (open or shorted)
01-30 .............................. PASS key fault telltale circuit shorted to battery
01-31 ....................... PASS key fault telltale circuit open or shorted to ground
01-32 .......................................... Fuel enable circuit shorted to battery
01-33 ................................... Fuel enable circuit open or shorted to ground
01-34 ...................................... Headlamp enable circuit shorted to battery
01-35 .................................. Parking lamp enable circuit shorted to battery
01-36 ................... Daytime Running Lamps (DRL) enable circuit shorted to battery
01-37 ............ Daytime Running Lamps (DRL) enable circuit open or shorted to ground
01-40 ......................... Delay pot circuit shorted to ground (Twilight Sentinel)
01-41 ................ Delay pot circuit open or shorted to battery (Twilight Sentinel)
01-42 .......................................... Key resistor circuit shorted to ground
01-43 ................................. Key resistor circuit open or shorted to battery
01-44 ......................... Steering wheel sensor circuit open or shorted to ground
01-45 ........................ Steering wheel sensor circuit open or shorted to battery
01-46 ............................................................ CCM Internal Failure
01-47 ..................................................... Canadian Select Input Error

Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Codes

Code Description
02-01 ................................... Outside Air Temperature Sensor Circuit (open)
02-02 ................................ Outside Air Temperature Sensor Circuit (shorted)
02-03 .................................... In-Car air temperature sensor circuit (open)
02-04 ................................. In-Car air temperature sensor circuit (shorted)
02-05 ...................................... Sun load temperature sensor circuit (open)
02-06 ................................... Sun load temperature sensor circuit (shorted)
02-10 .................................................... Air mix motor circuit (open)
02-11 ................................................. Air mix motor circuit (shorted)
02-26 .................................. Serial Data Communication error (shorted/open)
02-27 ......................................................... Invalid EEPROM detected

Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) Codes

Code Description
03-15 ..................................... Passenger initiator circuit resistance high
03-16 ...................................... Passenger initiator circuit resistance low
03-17 ................................................ Passenger initiator circuit open
03-21 ........................................ Driver initiator circuit resistance high
03-22 ......................................... Driver initiator circuit resistance low
03-24 ................................................... Initiator circuit voltage low
03-25 ............................................. Initiator circuit short to ignition
03-26 ................................................... Driver initiator circuit open
03-35 ................................. Discriminating sensor open or shorted to ground
03-36 ............................. Discriminating sensor closed or shorted to ignition
03-51 .......................................................... Frontal crash detected
03-52 .................................................................. Data area full
03-61 ................................................... SIR indicator circuit failure
03-62 ......................................... Redundant SIR indicator circuit failure
03-71 .............................................................. Internal SDM Fault

Anti-Lock Brake/Traction Control (ABS/TC) Codes

Code Description
04-21 ........................................................ Front wheel speed sensor
04-23 ............................... Wheel speed sensor circuit continuity malfunction
04-25 ........................................................ Front wheel speed sensor
04-27 ............................... Wheel speed sensor circuit continuity malfunction
04-28 ................................ Wheel speed sensor circuit frequency malfunction
04-31 ......................................................... Rear wheel speed sensor
04-33 ............................... Wheel speed sensor circuit continuity malfunction
04-35 ......................................................... Rear wheel speed sensor
04-37 ............................... Wheel speed sensor circuit continuity malfunction
04-41 .................................... Right Front Inlet Valve Solenoid malfunction
04-42 ................................... Right Front Outlet Valve Solenoid malfunction
04-44 ................................................ Pilot Valve Solenoid Malfunction
04-45 ..................................... Left Front Inlet Valve Solenoid malfunction
04-46 .................................... Left Front Outlet Valve Solenoid malfunction
04-47 ............................................... TCS Prime Valve (ASV) Malfunction
04-48 ........................... TCS Master Cylinder Isolation Valve (USV) Malfunction
04-51 ..................................... Right Rear Inlet Valve Solenoid malfunction
04-52 .................................... Right Rear Outlet Valve Solenoid malfunction
04-55 ...................................... Left Rear Inlet Valve Solenoid malfunction
04-56 ..................................... Left Rear Outlet Valve Solenoid malfunction
04-58 .................................... EBTCM Internal Adjuster Assembly Malfunction
04-61 ................................................ BPM Valve Pump Motor Malfunction
04-62 .......................................................... RPM Signal Malfunction
04-63 .............................................. BPM Valve Power Supply Malfunction
04-64 ............................................ Throttle position signal malfunction
04-65 ....................................................... Adjuster assembly circuit
04-66 ........................................... Adjuster assembly control malfunction
04-67 ............................................. Throttle position sensor comparison
04-71 ...................................................... EBTCM Internal Malfunction
04-72 ................................................... Serial data lin e malfunction
04-73 ......................................................... Spark retard monitoring
04-85 .................................................. Low Voltage Condition Detected

Diagnostic Pointers and Parameters

I had to trim down some codes in order to fit here
all the 02 a/c codes are here

·
Registered
(2) '81 FWBs, '86 Cutlass Supreme
690 Posts
My mixture door controller went and did the same thing. If you can get to it, see if it moves by hand. It shouldn't with the car off. It's connected to a rod that looks like allthread and when you change from hot to cold it should move.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts