Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I saw an offer of a 95 Cadillac Eldorado here in Switzerland. So that the car is in good condition, I would like to arrange the following things:
- mat for hood replace
- replace of demaged reflector in bumper at the rear left
- roof skies in the back fasten
- lateral linings in the back on the right of & left
- replace of brake disks in front & in the back
- replace brake wedges in front & in the back
Does someone have experiences how complex these works are? Is it a big work to replace the reflector in the bumper?

Here in Switzerland these repairs cost very much money. I like to order the spare parts over the InterNet. Can someone tell me a tip (or URL), over which dealer I can order the spare parts?.
Thanks for your help!
Cordial greetings from Switzerland.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Welcome!!! And thanks for signing up :wave:

All of those things shouldnt be too hard to do...... I assume you plan on DIY (do it yourself)... For the brakes, if you havent done it before, Id take it to a brake shop to have it done, especially if your not familiar with brake jobs.....

The reflector is probably held in there by either clips or is glued..... I cant say for sure, but either way it shouldnt be too bad.... If its clipped in, you should just be able to pry it out and it should pop out, and the new one should pop right in.... If its glued in, the old one is basically toast, so your gonna have to pick it out as best you can and then glue the new one in.......

www.gmpartsdirect.com should be a good place to find parts, or at least see prices so you can know what to expect to pay......

For those parts (except for the brake related things), Id see if your local junkyard has an Eldorado.... Those things you could get dirt cheap from a wrecked one...... I dont know if you could find one, but Id check that first........ Besides the fact that junkyards are fun to go to and just look around!!! :D

·
Registered
522 Posts
Eldorado in junkyard....in Switzerland....i doubt much :sneaky:
In Europe you can find all kind of MBs or BMWs in junkyards, not so young US cars...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi elwesso

Thanks for your recommendation. Now I think that I'm gona buy this car. I really hope, that I will not experience unpleasant miracles whit this Eldo...

Thanks and greets,
Eldorider

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Great!!! :) Post pictures as soon as you get it!!!!!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
By the way - as i know in Swizerland are nice big (in european meaning) Cadillac meet - in Zurzach
Here is video of it - 41Mb (right clic & save link target as...)
Its worth to watching - in fact, when i saw it, i decided to go this place next year...

Oh, and video is made by Gerald who own two nice Caddys :worship:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi

I bought the Eldo yesterday. When I picked it up, the engine already ran and I thought super I must only enter and can enjoy the ride. While driving the speedometer turned again and again at right end, the fuelmeter also turned at the right end, again and again. The message "monitoring system" came also, this however only when I put the brake. Since the tank was only on reserve, I held on my gas station in order to refuel. As I tried to start the engine nothing moved at all. I think that the battery is bad. Today I go buying a new. As soon as I replace the battery and I will not have further problems I will take a few pictures to post it.

Greetings from Switzerland, Eldorider :disappoin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
Eldorider