Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
eldorado
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 eldorado I got a few months ago and it being my first car I haven't had much fun working on it. I've done a bit of work on it myself replacing a dead alternator, replacing a dead coil pack, basic tune ups. All that fun stuff. It was having a problem for a few months now where if you tap the brakes the lights dim. This being headlights dash lights all lights the electrical period. But recently it got worse where hitting the brake would cause the whole car to hard reset gages flip then go back to normal gas mileage resets all that.

But yesterday I went out to start it and it did the gage flip reset the moment I started it then died. After this happened turning the key wouldn't do anything not even click like it did when my alternator was dead. But when the door was closed it would make a high pitched ringing sound inside the car until you open the door then it would stop but if you closed it then it would start again. None of the electrical would work no dash lights trunk wouldn't open anything. So I disconnected the battery and reset the car so the trunk opens and radio works again but I know trying to start the car will end the same way.

After checking the alternator plug that was super glued into the alternator to see if it had came out or something I noticed a plug hanging in the front of the driver side of the car near the alternator and I have no idea where it goes but common sense says it's involved with my car not starting. This plug is Grey and has PED on it with a few cables running from it labeled a, b, c, d, e, f, g. Any idea where this plug goes?.

·
Registered
eldorado
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It won't let me upload any images of the clip to show you but It comes out right near my headlights on the driver side

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,793 Posts
Where did you get the replacement alternator?

After checking the alternator plug that was super glued into the alternator
No electrical contacts should be super glued to anything.

I noticed a plug hanging in the front of the driver side of the car near the alternator
We're gonna need more to go on.

·
Registered
eldorado
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the alternator new from orielys acdelco. But the old alternator plug has a broken clip and won't stay in the old owners super glued it in there so I just followed suit. I know I have to get a new alternator plug/cable but I don't have the money at the second and the current wire has one wire coming from it and new cables have 3 I'm not sure where the other 2 would go.

·
Registered
eldorado
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Current codes are
T027 wheel speed sensor continuity fault
S011 left front damper solenoid short
S015 right front damper solenoid short
S018
S021 left rear damper solenoid short
S030 speed sensing steering fault
S032
S037 electronic level control exaust valve fault
S038 electronic level control exaust cable short
S043 speed signal fault
S050 road sensing suspension short
S062 left rear position sensor fault
S063 right rear position sensor fault
S065 sensor overcurrent
S066
S071 right front accelerator fault
I only know what a few of these codes are. I'm assuming they're all active due to the plug being uphooked. Because they were not active prior to this

·
Super Moderator
86,793 Posts
Now that the plug is reconnected, clear the codes and see what returns.

P.S.
The codes should have said "Current" or "History".

·
Registered
eldorado
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea all those codes are current i have a few others all set in history. Slight problem is I'm still not sure where that plug goes not exactly alot of room to look around in there

·
Super Moderator
86,793 Posts
Can you post a picture of the plug and the area around it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts