Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Eldorado
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Need diagnostic info. Code SO38 says (Electronic Level Control Exhaust Valve Short to Ground/Open. I did a search on this code issue and found a very informative posting here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...s/43488-suspension-compressor.html#post360820

I went through the procedures mentioned. What I've found so far is, when I do the output code SO06 it runs fine. It outputs voltage ON and OFF every 3 seconds or so. Which seems to correlate with the code displayed showing an alternating HI-LO (ON-OFF) function. Power is being seen on connector terminal B and the Relay is switching, Which I found mounted on the back wall of Trunk/Backseat. Compressor runs when connected.

However, when I run Output code SO07 which should work the EXHAUST valve. the Display code reads alternating HI-LO (ON-OFF) but their is NO relay clicking corresponding to it and connector terminal C (orange wire) is LIVE continuously. I've probed around the relay block and found the relay being activated for the compressor. I also found the relay that is mounted beside it was continuously LIVE with key on and Code SO07 running. That relay appeared to have the same size corresponding ORANGE wire coming from it. SO I assumed it was the correct Relay. So I pulled Both relays and the Orange wire terminal C at the connector is still LIVE. I also found lots of ORANGE wires coming from the relay blocks, but all the other wires appear to be smaller gauge wires and they are also LIVE all the time. So I'm a little flustered. I wish I had good wire diagram but I don't. I was also wondering if Code SO07 is the wrong code for what I'm trying to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dennis

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,545 Posts
For the type of diagnostics you are doing and a wiring schematic, you really need a FSM. I'd check Ebay.

·
Registered
95 Eldorado
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I did actually use the link on this site and got a subscription to ALLDATAdiy.com

The information provided is pretty nice and informative and I believe is straight from the FSM's But the one thing I still have not found is an all inclusive system by system wire schematic that covers the ELC wiring. I think Mitchell manuals or MOTOR BOOKS are pretty thorough when it comes to that kind of stuff. But I think thats a subscription service also.

Incidentally, After all the digging I did with the system yesterday. The Code has stopped being CURRENT and has now being shown as HISTORY. I will be clearing all codes shortly and see what happens going forward. Maybe I got lucky and it miraculously fixed itself. We'll see how the week goes.

Dennis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts