Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the aftermarket RKE. Programming requires grounding the black wire in the trunk pull-down. How do I locate this wire? :hmm: Is it on the deck lid? Or is it on the bottom, near the spare tire well? :hmm: Does it require removal of the "carpet" for access? Where do I grab a suitable ground to short the wire? I'm sure this has been covered before, any help is appreciated. I have downloaded and read the directions posted here, just not sure where to find the wire and a good GND. Had intended to do this myself, may end up at dealers anyhow...
Thanks!
~GiG~

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
The wire is located underneath the plastic trim on the bottom. It looks like it should be plugged into the trunk pulldown motor but it shouldn't. As for a suitable ground, thats going to be the hard part because everything is painted and insulated in that area. You might want to try getting a length of wire and run it over to where the antenna motor gound wire is.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 95 Eldo RKE - Black Wire - Got-R-Done!

Thanks, Krash!
Right on, took 5 minutes. :thumbsup:
Found GND where the deck lid rubber bumper had worn the paint off the body a little. Works like a charm. You the man :rolleyes: !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Eldos4GiG