Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi Im new here, I have a 95 deville and love it,but latley it says service ride control on the dash,and the ride is a bit harsher. I have run the tpc code thing, and the only code that comes up is 1039c. What does this mean? Is there someplace that you can look up these codes?Does the ride control even talk to the tpc code thing. thanks George

·
...Reloaded
'05 XLR
1,698 Posts
gwalbridge said:
hi Im new here, I have a 95 deville and love it,but latley it says service ride control on the dash,and the ride is a bit harsher. I have run the tpc code thing, and the only code that comes up is 1039c. What does this mean? Is there someplace that you can look up these codes?Does the ride control even talk to the tpc code thing. thanks George
I039 = Loss of Road Sensing Suspension Data. The c probably means its current. Sounds like a sensor gone bad or a short in the wiring. Hopefully it's not one of them pricey struts...

I found the information here (click link) BTW. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the Sandman said:
I039 = Loss of Road Sensing Suspension Data. The c probably means its current. Sounds like a sensor gone bad or a short in the wiring. Hopefully it's not one of them pricey struts...

I found the information here (click link) BTW. :D
Thanks for the info,how would you begin to fix the problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
gwalbridge said:
Thanks for the info,how would you begin to fix the problem?
Sounds like you need a TechII (scan tool) to verify what data is being sent to the computer. Other wise look for something disconnected from the struts or ride height sensors. Had any work done lately? Curb launches?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts