Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys here it is, i bought the car for $1300 with 150,000 about a month ago (last owners were pigs), and i dont know much about caddy's but i do like them, anyways the problem i have is its throwing up the "service ride control" , now my friend had taken off the left rear wheel and said he had seen the strut leaking meaning i have to change it, problem is i honestly dont want to pay 500-700 for the rear struts, so what do i do ?

by the way i checked for codes and the code its throwing up is the io39 : Loss of Road Sensing Suspension Data

how do i fix it and how much am i going to be spending to fix it ?:helpless:

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,731 Posts
The best thing to do with that many miles is to replace the struts and rear air shocks with passive, non-electric controlled ones. It will run you around $400 or so for all 4, but will get rid of any future electronic ride control problems.
There is a relay available from GM that gets rid of the "Service Ride Control" message, and only costs around $35. I used to have a 94 Deville Concours and it seemed like I was always throwing $200 suspension sensors at it, and never got rid of the message! I now have a '94 Deville, and I have installed passive struts and shocks along with the relay I mentioned, and it rides great!

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
check the compressor too , flip they key to the "run" position so the dash comes on (dont start the engine)....have someone standing at the back of the car and have them listen for the compressor to kick on (sounds like a farting noise), should happen within 30 seconds of the key being turned to run , the compressor should run for around 3-10 seconds....if you never hear the compressor youll need to check the fuses

IO39 covers alot of diffrent problems ....and sometime the relay wont get rid of the code ...in my case i had to override a option setting

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea im going to check the compressor because i honestly doubt it is turning on, but where would the fuses be for the compressor , in the rear or the front ?

and for the passive, non electronic shocks what name brand did you use or do people usually recommend?

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,731 Posts
The fuse is in the trunk, on the drivers side. I've used Arnott and Strutmasters for shocks and struts, but some people have had bad service from some of the companies.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any suggestions on monroe? because in pep boys the passive ones are 59.99 each , oh and by the way i checked the compressor and it turns on , but nothing happens..

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
were talking rears here , not front .....at leat i hope so ...id be pissed if i coulda gotten the fronts that cheap

1 - 17 of 17 Posts