Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 1995 Deville .. ever since I got the car the twilight lights on feature has not worked.. I can turn the lights on manually.. they come on when I use the wipers but do not come on when it is pitch black.. Any idea's what is wrong?.. I assume that the little bump I see on the top center of the dash is the eye that controls the system.. ????? Any one else have this problem?... Any idea's about a fix?

Thanks,

dc-in-md

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
your headlamps come on with the wipers?????

wish mine did that

there is also a sensor behind the grille , as you open the hood youll see this little thing and a chessy bracket fastend to the hold down braket for the hood latch , i think thats the sensor for the headlamps , but im not sure , i think the eye ont he dash is for the climate controll , to sense if excessive sunlight is gettin in the car and to cool the air further to maintain the climate controll setting

might try checking the plug ont he back of that sensor behind the grille

·
Registered
137 Posts
Auto Lamps

The sensor behind the grill is your outside temprature sensor. The little bump on the dash is your "twilight sentinel" sensor. The climate control sensor is located 1/2 inch to the left of the bump in the same grill but is concealed below it. Check the fuse for your twilight sentinel lamps, it's a multi-function fuse so if it's blown several other small convience features won't work also. If it's good remove the defrost grill (it is only set in the dash) and using a test light or multi-meter check for a 12v reading when the car is on. You may possibly have a faulty wire/connection.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Auto Lamps

Thanks,,,, I'll try checking the dash unit.. Was not sure how that grill came out. Let you kbnow what I find. Dc-in-MD

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 88 Deville and my parking lights come on automatically but not the headlights??

It worked fine before.:banghead: Any Ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Rhino169