Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 deville concours
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a family members car, not my own. Car was having a hard shift issue from p-r-d and a bit of a stumble 1-4 gears. It does not feel like slip but a more than firm shift. Tranny was changed but issues were still there. Now I have read that it could be the ECM, just wanna weigh all possible things. I also saw there is a garage shift adapt reset that i'm 95% sure that the mechanic did not do. Is this worth a shot trying first before anything? If so what is the procedure for doing this? Also I did pull up a few codes from the display. Any help would be appreciated.

P076 Transmission Pressure Solenoid
S030 Speed Sensitive Steering fault
S038 Electronic level control exhaust valve short to ground open
S061 Right front position sensor fault

·
Registered
95 deville concours
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard that those rarely go bad, that it might be the ecm. Also I find it strange that it would have the same problem before and after a transmission rebuild.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
:noidea:

I've heard that those rarely go bad
Probably true.

Also I find it strange that it would have the same problem before and after a transmission rebuild.
Was that sensor changed in the rebuild? DTC's are usually pretty accurate and hard to deny.

·
Registered
95 deville concours
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:noidea:

Probably true.

Was that sensor changed in the rebuild? DTC's are usually pretty accurate and hard to deny.
Honestly I don't know and I know for a fact my uncle doesn't know.. I was just trying to look at other options other than pulling the tranny to change the solenoid. Correct me if I'm wrong but you can't just get to it by dropping the pan.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
Not if it's the one I'm thinking of at the 12:00 position in the diagram above. That one's in the side cover and it's damn near impossible to remove with the engine in the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts