Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Deville Concours
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ended up inheriting my grandmother's 1995 Cadillac Deville Concours. She recently passed away and I have so many fond memories of her and this car - from picking me up off the school bus to grocery store runs to borrowing it one weekend in high school to sneak off to a party while my parents were out of town. This car is priceless to me and I hope it's something I can continue to pass down from generation to generation.

I'd like to get a Carfax report on the vehicle. It's actually sat in the barn garage for almost two years and I had just put in a few hundred dollars into it to replace the engine coils and the cat converter. Now she runs like brand new. There are some other changes I would like to make such as upgrading the speakers so I can have music in the car. Other than that, I plan on keeping her as original as possible. I'm not sure if this is a clean Carfax or when she got it if there was any type of damage. I'd also like to know what other repairs have been done to the vehicle so I don't have to go and spend money on unnecessary repairs. She's got almost 129K miles on her and I want to do things the right way by taking good care of her as this will now become my daily driver in honor of my grandmother.

VIN # 1G6KF52Y9SU279261

Any other additional help/suggestions would be cool in terms of things to look out for.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,319 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I wouldn't use CarFax as your only source of info. It is strictly voluntary on the part of shops that worked on it. Take out a subscription to compnine.com and it can tell you what the car was built with. Go to any GM dealer, and if you ask nicely the service dept would be able to pull a history for things done by a GM dealer. There is no one single source for service/repair history.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
20,099 Posts
carfax is a waste of money -

as Byrdman said - ALL of their information is done strictly on a volunteer basis -

if the ACME auto body shop who just did $10,000 of bodywork because the car was "T-Boned" by a train doesn't notify carfax -
the car would come back as "clean" - no known accidents -

likewise - if a trans shop just rebuilt the trans - but didn't call carfax -
there wouldn't be any history of the replaced trans -

even work at the dealership -
some dealers supply carfax with some of the information - most don't -

the one thing that is fairly accurate from carfax is the registration and number of previous owners -
but that certainly isn't worth paying $5 for -

·
Registered
1995 Deville Concours
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL to the Byrdman quote.

I'll guess I'll take the horse to the old town road and ride her till I can't no more.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,672 Posts
The 1995 Concours should have the 4.6 Northstar 275 hp engine with a 3.11 economy final drive.

You might want to take out a multi-year subscription to www.alldatadiy.com - it's the online GM/Cadillac service manual plus a lot more. You'll need it - guaranteed. It's a special car and will take special knowledge to properly maintain it.

First homework ............ https://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-tech.html - written by a GM Northstar engineer just for your car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts