Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Service Engine Soon light came on again today. It's throwing code P048, which is EGR System Trouble. The main symptom while driving is under partial throttle is it makes a loud rattling sound, very similar to that of knock, or ping. About a month ago I drove to Dallas (from Tulsa) and the noise went away when I filled up on 7-Eleven gas, then when I got back to Tulsa and Filled up on Quik Trip gas, the noise returned and the SES light came back on. I thought it was something with the gas, but I guess I was wrong.

Can someone offer me advice as to how to fix it? I'm trying to sell the car, so I need to have it fixed ASAP!

Thanks!
Patrick

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
hmm , when my egr valve broke it never set a code , but maybe if the egr soleniod broke ..... i dunno never messed with my egr enough to know this one ...sorry

·
Registered
10 Posts
Spreng said:
Service Engine Soon light came on again today. It's throwing code P048, which is EGR System Trouble. The main symptom while driving is under partial throttle is it makes a loud rattling sound, very similar to that of knock, or ping. About a month ago I drove to Dallas (from Tulsa) and the noise went away when I filled up on 7-Eleven gas, then when I got back to Tulsa and Filled up on Quik Trip gas, the noise returned and the SES light came back on. I thought it was something with the gas, but I guess I was wrong.

Can someone offer me advice as to how to fix it? I'm trying to sell the car, so I need to have it fixed ASAP!

Thanks!
Patrick
Did you find a fix? I have the same problem. [email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts