Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 coupe deville, 95 sedan deville
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys tell me what you think. i was on the highway this afternoon and put on the a/c, and the a/c only blew through the defrost and floor vents. checked my codes and a011 current showed--but i've had that code since i bought the deville about a year ago. i thought the problem might be vacuum related because i noticed my cruise control wasnt working the day before yesterday. what do you guys think? where should i troubleshoot first? thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,556 Posts
I think you are on the right track. Defrost is the default mode in the event of a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Deville
29 Posts
Yeah, Its either a vacuum leak, Or with mine I have a problem once in a while where it will come out those vents because the Outside air is the Same temp or colder that The setting I have it at. So than I turn it down to even colder and it starts coming out the normal vents. Is it cold air or a mixture(warmer) air coming out of the vents?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ranger and ville94, thank you for your quick responses. ville, in answer to your question, the air coming out of the defrost and floor vents appears to be cold, and not a mix, when i activate the a/c. i've done a lot of things, but i've never chased a vacuum leak. any advice on how i should go about it?

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,556 Posts
Start by pulling the vacuum supply line to the cabin at the passengers side firewall. If you have vacuum there, then the leak is in the cabin. If you don't then the leak is under the hood. If it is in the cabin, a common leak point is the parking brake release diaphragm. Does the brake release when you put it in gear? If that is not it, then you have to follow the line and work your way back. If it is under the hood, likewise follow the line back. It runs to a vacuum reservoir and check valve. That is a common leak point. If that is good, follow the line from there to the supply.

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Deville
29 Posts
well, what ranger said sums it up nicely! If you don't find it in the cabin, and you start to inspect the ones under the hood, get some carb clean. While the vehicles running follow the vacuum lines and spray them with carb clean, if you notice the idle raise, that that is a point of leak! Just be careful that you don't spray it on any electronics(at least not directly). Its(carb clean) Quick drying and alchohol based so it really won't hurt anything but I never take a chance. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good stuff. i'll try your suggestions this afternoon and let you know the outcome. thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts