Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac DeVille
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 Cadillac DeVille 4.9 L with 170k and a few days ago on a quick errand from home it wouldn't start. It has had a rough idle for a few weeks but runs smooth in town and on the highway. The next day I went back and it started and drove home with no issue. When I got home it started back without a problem. I started it three more times that day in the driveway. Now it cranks and cranks and won't start. I ran the codes and got...
P012
P030
I027
I039
I052
No ACP
No SIR
No TCS
and Multiple PCM codes. I did a tune up in December and haven't put a ton of miles on it since then. Maybe 8,000. New plugs, wires, distributor, rotor. I'm confused by the PCM codes... 128PD39 128PD38 128PD37 128PD36.... anyone who can help me with these... it would be greatly appreciated. I am new to this site and addicted already.

Thanks!
Chad

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,974 Posts
You can find the code definitions here. http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd1.html
Have you checked to see if you can hear the fuel pump running when you turn the key on? Put your ear to the open filler pipe and have someone turn the key on (do not crank). You should hear the pump run for 2 seconds. Have you checked the fuel pressure?

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac DeVille
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes... the fuel pump is running. I actually changed the fuel filter tonight after thinking I'd never done that since I'd owned the car. I wondered about the fuel pressure regulator. One of the codes I found stated the oxygen sensor. Another thing I've neglected in the 50k miles I've owned the car. Could that be the cause of it not starting? Thanks for your rapid response... I didn't expect one so quickly!

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,974 Posts
I would not expect the O2 sensor to cause a no start. Likewise the FPR, but that is easy to check. I'd get a fuel pressure gauge on it and see what kind of fuel pressure you have.

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac DeVille
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Several years ago... I had an 87 Olds Firenza (four cylinder cracker box that got me through college) that quit on me with an O2 sensor issue. That's what makes me wonder. Put a new one on it and it cranked right up. I've never heard of anyone else having this experience either... but that's what patched that one for me.

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac DeVille
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll go check today about renting a fuel pressure gauge at Advance or Auto Zone... then I'll go from there. Thanks for your help Ranger. It's appreciated!

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac DeVille
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did all my checking Ranger... wound up having it towed in. It was the distributor. I appreciate the help and I'll be checking back in on this site from time to time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts