Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sister-in-law slammed trunk, now the puller doesn't pull and the trunk latches about an inch high without the motor turning on to close down...Trunk lid latch works...any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah, I agree. You can pull the fuse if you have to, to get the motor to stop, but I would carefully look over the mechanism, to see if anything was bent in the slam, and then check all the connections. Manual would help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah! Same identical problem on my '92 Seville here (neighborhood kid) about two hours ago. Service manual says NOTHING about diagnosis. The solenoid release latch work great - the striker motor just won't operate. I can't believe the motor just died at this instant (the car has been used very little over its 11 or so years). It was fine five hours ago. Surely this has happened to others (who have this superfluous device).

steve

·
Registered
23 Posts
This has ALWAYS been a cronic problem with Caddis. What I normaly
do is remove the motor, wind down the gear until it is at the right
hight for the trunk to line up and be in a normal 'closed' position,
put the motor back on to prevent it from moving and leave it dis-
connected. The 'little yellow button' will still work fine, but you won't
have to worry about that motor going out.

-Dirk R.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I Have 94 Seville That Had Same Problem. Moisture From The Air Or Car Wash Leaking Into Sun Roof Flows Into Trunk Causes Corrosion Of The Contacts On The Pulldown Motor. Disassembely Of The Switch And Cleaning Will Restore The Operation. I Have Done This Three Times And It Has Fixed My Problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
dan3or6