Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm considering purchasing a 94 sts. it has a v6, i'm not familiar with this engine and i'm wondering if you folks have any opinions on it. i'm not concerned with power, i have a corvette for that. i am concerned about reliability!! any help you may offer would be greatly appreciated!. the pricetag is $12,500 canadian. the car has less than 50,000 miles on it..
this is a pic of the car.

Attachments

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
There was no such car made by Cadillac, so if it actually has a v6, its not original.....which would beg the question, why?

·
Registered
586 Posts
the 94 STS had a 290HP 4.6L DOHC Northstar V8 under the hood. no v6 was ever offered in any seville that year (or any that im aware of). The person selling it must not be able to count spark plug wires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AKPsiMC03 said:
the 94 STS had a 290HP 4.6L DOHC Northstar V8 under the hood. no v6 was ever offered in any seville that year (or any that im aware of). The person selling it must not be able to count spark plug wires.
i'll have to go look at it myself. thanks, folks.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Definitely check it out.........Im sure the dealer just screwed up when they inputted the car on their site. Im not an expert in exchange rates, but considering the mileage, it seems like a pretty good deal. car looks nice too :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Brett said:
Definitely check it out.........Im sure the dealer just screwed up when they inputted the car on their site. Im not an expert in exchange rates, but considering the mileage, it seems like a pretty good deal. car looks nice too :)

i have a 94 STS! I love it...trust me this car has power weather you need it or not, it is there..Watch out for rattles if the car has the aftermarket sunroof. other than that i dont know what else to tell you, can't think anyway i will post if i remeber anything important :banghead:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Nice car, I have the same one in black. They're asking too much though. I only paid 1/2 that for mine and it's in near perfect condition.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The price is about $9800US. Given what the other STS' of that year go for up here, it's not that far out of line, especially with that mileage.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Sean you got a 94 STS with 50k miles for ~4500 US. That is an unreal deal. His price quote was in CDN

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks! :) Kind of a weird situation. It actually belonged to a drug dealer before I bought it. He sold it to a small used car dealer to pay some fines, so it was obviously a cheap / quick sale. As a result I was able to reap the benefits. :cool:

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Yeah you wouldnt be able to tell the crack from the snow!!! :rofl:

Id at least go check it out.... It looks like a nice car, and a fairly good price... Im sure up there the cadillacs are a bit harder to come by than here in the states......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:disappoin ok, now things have gotten complicated!! today i came across an oldsmobile aurora, 2001 model, 56,000 kilometers. 15,000. i think i'll just slit my wrists.

·
Registered
47 Posts
ken power said:
:disappoin ok, now things have gotten complicated!! today i came across an oldsmobile aurora, 2001 model, 56,000 kilometers. 15,000. i think i'll just slit my wrists.
STS >>>>>> Aurora

Don't make me come up there... :xevileye: ;)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
ken power said:

One word.....CADILLAC....That's all I've got to say about that.

·
Registered
377 Posts
come on now, i know im baised because i own a aurora, but you guys must be extremely biased!

comparring a 94 sts to a 2001 aurora, the aurora wins hands down. the interior is about 10x better, ride is much smoother (remember cadillac didn't steal oldsmobiles frame/body till 98). and wether it has the 3.5v6 or 4.0v8 its a mid-high 15 second car. compared to high 14 to 15 flat. only thing the caddy wins in is strait line performance. oldsmobile wins in everything else. might be more of a fair comparison to compare 95vs 95 (oldsmobile still beats em in the interior for sure, i think the exterior too :p) but 94 vs 2001? the 2k1+'s look REAL nice in black or white w/tint

·
Registered
377 Posts
a 94 sts just isnt worth 10k US, id say in good condition, 7k, 8 if it had lower miles and every option available, and a better color

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
15 Participants
Budabear