Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Seville sts
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is the entire car air ride or just the rear? What I am looking to do is put an air ride controller on it so that when I take it to shows I can just air it out. I'm not looking to drive it lowered. Is this possible? I tried using the search but I wasn't sure how to word it so for the past couple of hours I've been sifting through post and got little to no info. Thanks in advanced.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,273 Posts
Is the entire car air ride or just the rear? What I am looking to do is put an air ride controller on it so that when I take it to shows I can just air it out. I'm not looking to drive it lowered. Is this possible? I tried using the search but I wasn't sure how to word it so for the past couple of hours I've been sifting through post and got little to no info. Thanks in advanced.
==========================
Is the entire car air ride or just the rear?
NEITHER -
our cadillacs do not have "air ride" in either the front OR rear -

they ALL have regular coil-spring suspension -
with oil-filled front struts and oil filled rear shocks -

the rear DOES have ELC - Electronic Level Control -
designed to maintain proper ride-height -
regardless of additional weight in the back seat and/or trunk -

·
Registered
94 Seville sts
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh well nvm then I feel like an idiot lol when I did the fuel pump I thought that I saw and heard an air pump. Is that a motor for the elc? Also where can I read up on the suspension. I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot. I've tried using the search but got no where. I want to be as educated as I can.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,470 Posts
You probably did hear an "air pump". The shocks (struts in front, shocks in the rear) incorporate air bladders and a height control system to maintain rear level due to extra weight in the trunk or rear seat.

The STS uses so many body attitude sensors and controls that you would open a true Pandora's Box if you tried to bypass/alter them all.

Sure, you can do a total air ride/hydraulic conversion. Bring lots of money and be prepared for quite a few detours.

To search our various forums, try something like this: Google "cadillac forums seville sts suspension conversion" or variations on the theme.

·
Registered
94 Seville sts
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info I appreciate it I am mechanically inclined I just wasn't sure about this system and how it works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts