Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1994 SLS
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed a little anti freeze on the floor of the carport and my coolant level low notice came up on my information window.

I looked around with my flashlight and I noticed that there is some green fluid on a wire bundle under where I think the water pump is. I have not removed the air cleaner and the front left cross bracket yet which will give me better access to this area for inspection but could someone tell me if that is most likely what is leaking? And it is not under a location where there seems to be any hoses. I can barely reach my fingers back under there to see if I can find a leak location but I have had water pumps leak out of pressure holes and around seals before so that is what I am thinking this is. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,024 Posts
Hard to say from that description. Get an inspection mirror and a flashlight and get a peak at the water pump shaft (back behind the pulley). If the pump is leaking, that's where it will leak from.

·
Registered
1994 SLS
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My manual shows and calls for a water pump removal tool. Any idea where I can get one of these?

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,024 Posts
A good machined one is probably $80 or more from SK, KD, Snap-On etc. Cheaper stamped steel models can be had from Lysle. Most parts stores that have a rental program will lend you one (you pay for it and get a refund when you return it).

This is what you are looking for (mine is home made).

Attachments

·
Registered
1994 SLS
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes! Thank you! I called Napa and they wanted $32.00 for it but I really don't need anymore special tools that just sit around forever after I use them once. So I called Autozone and they have the tool rental thing you are talking about. I give them $32.00 and then when I return the tool they give me my money back! No cost to me! That is so cool!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts