Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully someone can provide some insight. My SLS heater blower just began working intermittantly. The blower usually doesn't want to work in the mornings when the car is first started. After driving a while I can feel heat on my feet so I know the heater works but the blower seems to have a mind of its own.

Thanks for any assistance.

·
Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
1,164 Posts
twj5_cols said:
Hopefully someone can provide some insight. My SLS heater blower just began working intermittantly. The blower usually doesn't want to work in the mornings when the car is first started. After driving a while I can feel heat on my feet so I know the heater works but the blower seems to have a mind of its own.

Thanks for any assistance.
The heater blower won't kick on if the engine is too cold. On my car, it doesn't start until the coolant temperature reads at least 98 degrees. Why should the blower run if it's only going to blow around cold air? If you kick it on Defrost, though, it will start up immediately. Is this what you're talking about? Once the blower is running, does it stay running and change speeds as expected?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, even after the car is warmed up, the blower still might not kick on. Today it kicked on right away, but last night I drove for 20 minutes highway with no heat. Could the blower motor be going bad? Or is there a relay switch that can be replaced?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
twj5_cols