Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just started getting intermittent "service ride control" messages on my caddy. When I checked into replacing struts and ride control sensors my heart nearly stopped! And this is with me being able to get these items at dealer cost. Is there any way to replace the electronic ride control strut setup with regular struts?
I know someone has to have done this before. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Earl J.

·
Registered
2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT, 2010 MINI S
1,121 Posts
On some of the 94 Seville/SLSs there is a way to turn off the message by installing a relay at the ride control module in the trunk.

It depends on which ride control system you have. Some '94 SLSs have the more complex RSS system.

My '93 SLS has the relay installed with 197,400 on the original struts. Started getting the message at 130k.

See the 'how to' section on www.caddyinfo.com

Logan

·
Registered
10 Posts
earl jones said:
I have just started getting intermittent "service ride control" messages on my caddy. When I checked into replacing struts and ride control sensors my heart nearly stopped! And this is with me being able to get these items at dealer cost. Is there any way to replace the electronic ride control strut setup with regular struts?
I know someone has to have done this before. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Earl J.
I replaced the O.E.M. struts with Monroe . The results were great. Rides like a dream. But now I need to disable the ride control sys. I got a procedure to do it but it wouldnt save to the computer. still looking!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi:

Go with a leader in cadillac after market parts. Boston Suspension is it, don't play around with companys that sell all differant car suspension parts, Boston only sells Cadillac suspension parts.They got my business very professional and they have a technical help line.1-800-293-2660

TOM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts