Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 94 Deville concours. My service engine light comes on only when I drive over 45mph and will turn off after the car is restarted. I’ve recently had my car not start four times. All the lights would come on, battery is new, no noises at all, a faint spinning sound, only would start if I slammed the hood closed. I took it for a smog and he said my engine idles “high” at 1300 instead of 800 and said I should get a tune up and that my car is slow to accelerate. I’m not sure what it could be?

I’ve pulled the codes and I only have an I039 current and a I052 history

·
Super Moderator
86,087 Posts
Always post the code definitions along with the codes. No one has them memorized.

P.S.
You are looking for OBDI codes vs OBDII.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I had an ever worsening acceleration issue on my 4.9, and once or twice it would not start. Replaced the exhaust from the cat back and no issues with that since. It threw no codes. I believe yours will have a second O2 sensor after the cat where mine only has the one before the cat, so it could be why it is throwing codes if it's the same issue. Once started, the old catalytic converter materials blew onto the shop floor. I recommend Magnaflow cat and exhaust as it has no restriction and sounds good. I was even able to get a dual exhaust look despite installing a single muffler in the stock spot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
91FleetwoodCoupe