Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'94, '93 & '76 FWBs. '77 '79 & '73 CDVs, '65 Drop, '62 CDV
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!
What is this part called? It fits behind the door lock cylinder on the inside of the (driver's) door and holds the key lock cylinder in.
The small white stub on the bottom is a switch - a bit like a cupboard switch. It seems to tell the door lock actuator (that moves the rods) that the door is locked and when you hit the internal unlock/lock button it allows actuator to unlock the door. Except mine doesn't - so I guess I need a new one.
Been looking allover and can't find one. I'm also hampered by not knowing what it is called! And there are no part numbers on the white switch or the metal plate.
All help gratefully received - thanks All!

Attachments

·
Registered
1995 Fleetwood 1996 Roadmaster, 1995 Trans Am
47 Posts
I just changed out 2 doors on my mothers Buick Lesabre, and it has a part very similar to that except the button plunger is black.
That part you have pictured retains the lock cylinder, keeping it from falling out.
I have a 94 Fleetwood I am parting out, it has been inop for a couple of years so I really do not know if the part is good, but it ran and drove before I started tearing it down.
Let me know if you are interested in the piece.
Fleetwood Greg

·
Registered
'94, '93 & '76 FWBs. '77 '79 & '73 CDVs, '65 Drop, '62 CDV
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Greg, Yes I'm interested in the part. Basically if you could lock/ unlock you mother's Le Sabre normally using the internal lock/ unlock button then yes this part should work. Ditto for the 94 Fleetwood. I'm sure a lot of these parts re common across the GM range.
I'd also be interested in the bezels round the taillights if yours are very good. Mine are a bit pitted. Shipping to 34711. Shoot me a PM if you wish or call on 310 928 1510.
Thanks Nick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts