Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
I find that in the really hot days when fuel mix is leaner that is when I find more issues with a weak ignition. Idle especially.

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
I find that in the really hot days when fuel mix is leaner that is when I find more issues with a weak ignition. Idle especially.
Yeah, I think the same here. Like I've said, I have a miss that seems to vary in severity and sometimes even come and go, and the more I notice, it is dependent on temps.

When it would be extremely hot out, dry or humid, I'd notice it pretty much guaranteed at idle and on the road, and usually badly--a real wobble/shake and lack of power trying to maintain speed and even at idle. On "normal" 70-85 days it's come or go, or at least varies in severity. And on cooler mornings, such as today, it'll almost seem like a different car and be almost completely smoothed out and have more kick.

From all that I've gone over on my own and read, asked, etc., the plugs and wires seem like a hugely impactful thing to first change out--moreso when they never have been yet. Already has a new coil, coil wire, and ICM, but none of those things seemed to make much change except for largely alleviating a slow/weak start bug I was also having at times.

No need to go messing with the Opti yet either, famous for people digging into it and/or replacing it after issues only to find out it wasn't the problem, and I just recently put a new Opti vent harness on which is a well known maintenance item. Plus, I'm not having issues severe enough that do signal an actual distributor issue.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts