Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in London Canada and the defrost system on my 94 Fleetwood is terrible as was my former 91 Buick Roadmaster. Are there any upgrades or fixes for this issue? I love this car but it makes dealing with winter conditions a pain.

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
Very vague post. Front or rear defrost? What does "terrible" mean? Front is defog, rear is defrost.

·
Registered
1992 Fleetwood S&S Hearse, 1993 Buick Roadmaster
567 Posts
Corbett, I assume you're talking about the front window defog? I own a 1993 Buick Roadmaster, and my defog is also terrible. It is slow, and only in ideal conditions will it defog the entire windshield. I doubt there is much you can do. It is not uncommon for me to have to wipe my window as I driver, or sometimes start out to a destination just to have the window fog over so badly that I have to pull off the road and let it catch up.

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
Do you have operating and charged AC system?
That will help defroster work.

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes it has a charged AC system but I'm not sure how it's related? I read that if you swap the climate control from a 96 Roadmaster it would help because you can use the heater mode and still direct air to the windshield. Who knows?

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
The A/C compressor should engage in defog mode as well as maximum heater heat will be directed to the windshield. The A/C dries the heated air to stop any in car humidity to fog the windshield. In the winter, all windows up, just your breath contributes to the humidity. More passengers, more humidity. If the system is low on Freon or the compressor wont work for any reason, defog is marginal unless a window is cracked open.

----------

yes it has a charged AC system but I'm not sure how it's related? I read that if you swap the climate control from a 96 Roadmaster it would help because you can use the heater mode and still direct air to the windshield. Who knows?
You are mis informed. That mod allows bi level heat only. In other words, heat from the dash vents and floor vents. It has nothing to do with a better defogger.

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys....this issue and of coarse the door mounted mirrors on the 94's are my only complaints.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts