Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Eldorado - 48,500 miles
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 Eldorado. I used the VIN Decoder linked to from this site. The decoder said the following:

There are 1 1994 ELDORADO vehicles (0.004%) matching your exact options list. There are 1 (0.004%) with at least as many options.

Thus, it looks as though it is unique. Does that make it anymore valuable? Just curious. It is Radar Blue Metallic with 47,200. It is only used for pleasure cruising and is a pleasure to drive.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
Do you have a column shift? or a floor shifter?

i've only seen one column shift Eldo - it is a truly rare option and if you had column shift then i would bet that compnine's rarity rating could be correct, but compnine's comparison of RPO codes will often not be correct for various reasons
(some codes aren't really for options - especially ones that compnine doesn't have a description for - sometimes it may be for a mid year production split on a certain component, sometimes for a marketing/sales code, etc)

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,155 Posts
Does that make it anymore valuable?
Don't get your hopes up. That just means that there is one other car optioned EXACTLY as yours is. That doesn't really make it "rare". Would you pay any more money for a car knowing that? Probably not and neither would I. I think mine came out somewhat on the "rare" side as well. In fact, most people who ran their VIN's came back and asked the same thing.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, it does not have a column shift...

Thanks guys! I was not sure how to interpret the results or if they meant anything to the value of the car. It is fun to drive and I plan to enjoy it for a while!

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado
2,814 Posts
Having under 50,000mi is the most valuable attribute. Very nice color, general appearance. You may wait along time for a buyer that never come along if you over value it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. I got it from a friend of mine. He bought it from the original owners estate in 2007. He got it with 37,000 on it and drove it up to the miles on it now. He sold it to me a few months back due to getting layed off and needing some cash. Its lived its whole life (unitl now) in Eastern FL. I love the car and appreciate everyone on this forum getting me up to speed. I am a Mustang guy but when I heard he wanted to sell this, I had to have it. I love the N* and the overall look and ride!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts