Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's '94 eldorado 4.6 Northstar recently has been experiencing some transmission problems. First, it lost all gears except 2 and rev. I pulled the codes and came up with the following:

p029 history
p056 current
p052 history
p109 history
i052 history
s044 history

I decided to try changing the shift solenoids. This fixed the problem, and the car was back in tip top shape.

About a week later, its back to the same old, and the fuel gauge is going crazy too! It bounces back and forth between 3/4 of a tank and E. Now, the p024 is gone, but the rest remain. Please help. I do know that the p056 code is a speed sensor, so maybe that is the problem, but that doesn't make sense if it worked after I replaced the shift solenoids. Or maybe it does, aparently I don't know. PLEASE HELP! Thank you very much in advance.

·
Registered
94 ETC,97 STS
3,531 Posts
I answered this in your other post.

The new solenoids are probably broken. The bracket holds the filter in place. The old solenoids had tabs to hold the filter in, the new do not. The filter can (and will) bang against the solenoids and quickly break them. Someone posted a month or so back that they broke within a day.

Drop the pan and check. Put the bracket on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts