Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 STS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recenlty had all the gaskets replaced on my eldorado and now its overheating there is no signs of fluid leaking i was told that the mechanic that replaced my gaskets put the head on wrong? what does that mean? and what do i need to do to fix it? i would take it back to the same mechanic but he now lives and hour and half away n i dont want to pay to have it towed and i belive he know he was wrong and i think he wont return my phone calls or messages cause he doesnt want to work for free to fix his mistakes sorry mechanic right? first and last time i take any car to him

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
Did he timesert the block, stud the block, or put any inserts at all in the block when he did the gaskets? If not, then the head bolt threads probably pulled out of the block causing your headgaskets to leak again.

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
136 Posts
"Did he timesert the block, stud the block, or put any inserts at all in the block when he did the gaskets? If not, then the head bolt threads probably pulled out of the block causing your headgaskets to leak again."

To be sure and not only that this ham fisted "mechanic" was unable to torque those heads when he installed them and he knew that!
Get a second opinion and then sue him in small claims to get your rmoney back. You may well have been duped by this guy. And I'm being "discrete" in my remarks...

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,547 Posts
I agree. You had to have paid a LOT of money for that job and you are going to pay a LOT more to have it corrected.

·
Registered
seville sts
25 Posts
i would take him to small claims court also cause your going to have to get it corrected some how

is there any way you can tell if the bolts have been replaced
the only reason is i just got a caddy and im still learning about mine and i want to make sure my head bolts dont come apart
even though it was a free car i have always wanted 1 and now i got it

·
Registered
2007 cts-v
4 Posts
sorry for inturrupting this post but can someone help me get in touch with
2003RC51 while he is still on ,I need motor mounts asap . I am new and I cannot pm people. Thanks

·
Registered
98 STS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i honestly dont know how he did it i jus know i asked him did i need to get new bolts and he told me no he was going to use the same ones over again, i dont think i would be able to sue him in court because he worked on the car in his garage at home and i dont have any paper work or anything to prove that he did the work all i have is word of mouth he say she say...and i paid him cash he only charged me 1200 and he also replaced my water pump

·
Registered
2000 Polo Green Metallic Cadillac STS 60K
787 Posts
Yeah if he used the same bolts then he didnt timesert or stud it. Your back to square one. ALWAYS get some sort of receipt or contract when dealing with that kind of money. I would atleast try to contact him and see what he says. Having it towed is cheaper than paying for the job again.

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
136 Posts
"i honestly dont know how he did it i jus know i asked him did i need to get new bolts and he told me no he was going to use the same ones over again, i dont think i would be able to sue him in court because he worked on the car in his garage at home and i dont have any paper work or anything to prove that he did the work all i have is word of mouth he say she say...and i paid him cash he only charged me 1200 and he also replaced my water pump"

This guy is an incompetent thief. He did it in his garage? You're scr**ed, kiss your 1200 bucks goodbye.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts