Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 EXT Supercharged
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys ive got this groaning noise that i cant figure out. I put new unit bearings on it about 2 years ago, about 10k miles is all i have on them.

I tore it apart today but all wheels have no play in bearings. I took the unit bearing off on the pass side and its good.

It sounds like im running super swampers like my jeep. It makes the most noise at slow speeds, just like mud tires. The groan changes to a whine at higher speeds.

A cv cant groan can it? I thought they clicked....its makes it nonstop, all speeds, turning or not.

Then i noticed i had 20 psi in one rear tire, put all 4 at 45 psi now, still makes noise.

What the heck is this?

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,554 Posts
Doesn't sound like CV joints. Did you try the "S" turns to see if the sound changes?

·
Registered
2007 EXT Supercharged
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sound does not change at full turn, changes only with speed

·
Registered
2007 EXT Supercharged
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Woah....change that .......drove it again last night

The noise totally goes away when turning right.....even fast lane changes on interstate.....

Could it be a unit bearing making noise yet still completely tight and like new??

·
Registered
2007 EXT Supercharged
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well we started driving it all week in hopes the problem would show up better.....no luck.

So i pulled the right unit bearing once again, checked it, this time it was just a little loose. Put the new one on and noise went away......from the noise it was making i cant believe it wasnt just completely shredded.....

DONT buy unit bearings at advance auto......this is now the 5th one......3 on the eldo......and now 2 on my jeep.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts