·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...

Just bought my 1st Cadillac yesterday.
94 Champagne Deville.
Beauty with 72k miles.

However, the remote entry keyfob buttons do not work, so I replaced the battery in it... still doesn't work.

Looking at the manual, it appeared to me that the "ign 1" fuse in the trunk might just have something to do with this problem, so I pulled the fuse; checked it; and re-inserted it. Also pressed tops of all the fuses in that box to make sure they were seated well.

Now the car will not start.

Starter motor cranks away, but there is no sign or sound of it even attempting ignition.

Did I break something?

Anything I can check out before calling the towtruck? (Fortunately the car's in my garage.)

Thanks for any help.

Best,
Ray

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Get a little carb cleaner and spray it into the intake ducting. If you need to slightly open the ducting near the throttle body, that's fine. Have someone crank the engine while you spray the fluid into the intake. If the car sputters and/or starts on the fluid, your problem is fuel related. If it does not sputter/start, it's most likely an ignition issue. Double check the fuses you pulled and manipulated again to check for a bad connection that could be shutting off the ignition or electric fuel pump.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Katshot said:
If it does not sputter/start, it's most likely an ignition issue. Double check the fuses you pulled and manipulated again to check for a bad connection that could be shutting off the ignition or electric fuel pump.
Thanks for the advice Kevin. I re-seated that fuse and pressed the tops of the rest of them. The problem appears to be ignition.

I saw a post here that tells how to run the OBD, and discovered the following codes:

P012 - No distributor signal
P048 - EGR system problem
I039 - Loss of road sensing suspension data

The tests finish with the message "PCM ?"

:banghead:

That fuse panel in the trunk doesn't seem to indicate any connection to the distributor.

????

Best,
Ray

1 - 3 of 3 Posts