Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to look into replacing my rear suspension recently. If I have any sort of significant weight in the trunk or the back, the car will basically bounce up and down multiple times...more or less like there were hydraulics in the back. After the excessive bouncing up and down about 4 or 5 times, it'll level off. I have to be very cautious when going over any significant bumps or speed bumps to avoid bottoming out.

I'm pretty sure the shocks and springs have never been done on the car so at this time it seems like getting them taken care of would be a good idea. The main question I have is what does the rear consist of besides the shocks and springs? Is there just air for the leveling system? When I had my struts done at a dealer about a year ago, they did say I had a small compressor leak but that since it was minor I could probably let it go until I got rid of the car.

Other than all that, any rough ideas on how much the cost would be to replace the above would be appreciated. Thanks to all!

T

·
0 Posts
I have a 98 Deville and it will bottom out very easy I avoid all parking lots with speed bumps. I have found struts at rockauto but I am still looking for new coil springs to replace at the same time I replace struts and shocks, wish I had my FW back. If you find out where to get Deville coil springs let me know. Devilles have low road clearance and weak springs and when the shocks and struts wear out that makes it hit bottom out very easy. These Devilles are a hole in your money pocket but I will always drive a Cadillac probably a FW next. LOL. TexasCadillac

·
Registered
94 Concours
63 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts