Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Deville 4.9L
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, been pulling out my hair recently with problem after problem with my caddy. first it started wierd like it would die and wouldn't idle calmly until i gave it a little gas. I should not have ignored that problem because that progressed into not starting at all unless i gave it gas. I left for a few weeks without driving the car and returned and replaced the fuel filter. problem remained and now it is smoking a little out of the exhaust. (white cloud-smelled like fuel) figured that was because of the excess gas its been getting but when i tried to move it, it died 50 feet down the road! seems the battery is dead. charged the battery and reinstalled and !voila! car starts, still have to give it gas but starts. let it run for about 15 minutes and when i tried to start it again later NOTHING. battery seems still good. lights,radio, ect. it cranks but wont turn. help please!

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,556 Posts
It's fuel injected not carborated. . "Giving it gas" does nothing unless you put your foot to the floor. Then it goes iinto flood mode and shuts off the injectors. That might no be a bad idea seeing as you have a "white smoke" out of the exhaust that smells like fuel (it is). You either have a stuck open injector(s) or a leaky FPR (more likely). See the Tech Tips section for how to check it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts