Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 Deville - 4.9L - 75,000 miles (120,000 kms)
ex-Mary Kay unit.
I bought the pink panther last weekend at an auction- there were no owner's manual, or maintenance records in it.

When running, there is a noise from the right side of the engine - from one of the accessories. Sounds exactly like when P/S fluid gets low - but I checked that and it is up.

Are there other accessories/idlers that get noisy .

No grinding like a bad bearing - just that sort of a whine/hum like a p/s unit low on fluid.

ALSO -

Even though the monitor says there is 58% oil life remaining, I want to do an oil change ASAP.

What is recommended oil viscosity? Winter - highway conditions.
What is best quality recommended oil filter brand??
How and where does one reset the oil life sensor????

Thanks in advance.

Still trying to get my head around the fact that such a luxurious big car delivers 30+ CDN mpg!!! And all those years I spent driving smaller cars for "economy's" sake.

Now it is clear why people drive Cadillacs - because they WANT TO!!!!!!

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
pink panther said:
94 Deville - 4.9L - 75,000 miles (120,000 kms)
ex-Mary Kay unit.
I bought the pink panther last weekend at an auction- there were no owner's manual, or maintenance records in it.

When running, there is a noise from the right side of the engine - from one of the accessories. Sounds exactly like when P/S fluid gets low - but I checked that and it is up.

Are there other accessories/idlers that get noisy .

No grinding like a bad bearing - just that sort of a whine/hum like a p/s unit low on fluid.

ALSO -

Even though the monitor says there is 58% oil life remaining, I want to do an oil change ASAP.

What is recommended oil viscosity? Winter - highway conditions.
What is best quality recommended oil filter brand??
How and where does one reset the oil life sensor????

Thanks in advance.

Still trying to get my head around the fact that such a luxurious big car delivers 30+ CDN mpg!!! And all those years I spent driving smaller cars for "economy's" sake.

Now it is clear why people drive Cadillacs - because they WANT TO!!!!!!
Hey Dude. I'm not sure about your noise, but my owner's manual recommends 10w30. The consensus around here is to change the oil when the life monitor hits 50% (3600 kms in mine)

My oil life monitor resests when you press "Range" and "Reset" at the same time for about 5 secs.

I'm getting 20+ city, and 25-34 highway. My friends didn't believe me until I showed them!

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
i have the same noise , ive got one bad idler pulley and a nasty powersteering pump, i hear alot fo 4.9s around town with the same problem , were not alone , one day if i find a deal on a new non remanufactured pump ill get one and stick it on. tensioner pulley are 88 bucks (us) and the idler is 23 (us) i have no clue on a NEW pumps price

on flat level terrain at 60 mph i get 32 mpg in the active mpg mode, but i average 17.5 mpg on my regualer 200 mile cycle , im getting 16.4 this week (ive been very angry behind the wheel sevreal times) :devil:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Stoneage_Caddy