Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Deville Base model 4.9
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 94 DeVille front driver and passenger seat back rest won't stay up by themselves. I have to use a stick to elevate the backrest. I'm thinking the springs that pull teethe seats back up have broken or popped loose. My problem is how to remove the seats. I looked for the 4 bolts that normally hold down seats but don't see the ones on my car. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1994 DeVille Sedan 4.9L
11 Posts
I too have the same issue with my seats. When I pull the handle release lever on the side of the seat near the floor, the back will just free fall (which is not a fun thing to discover when you’re driving on a highway). I found that if I manually lift the seat back to where I want it AND jiggle the handle lever and push it back “down” it locked the seats in place.

I would also be interested in figuring out how to fix it. I will check my service manuals for our cars and see if there’s an exploded view of how the seats are attached. If I am successful in locating it, I’ll post back.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks xenabear845! Well, at least you can get yours to lock back in place. I tried the same with mine but they won't lock. From looking underneath the seat, I can see some kind of spring hanging down. I'm assuming that's the problem. My problem is getting the seats out. If you locate any info, please let me know. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2001 eldorado,2008 DTS,2005 XLR, '96 eldo,'95 eldo,' 89 eldo,'78 eldo,'11CTS-V
1,611 Posts
The seat front mount is NOT bolted, but has just a tongue holding it. Remove the two REAR bolts, and pivot the seat towards the steering wheel, and pull the seat front out of the slot.Not sure if the '94 seat works this way, but I think it does.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Harry! I'll check again but I didn't see not could feel any bolts at the rest. I'll check again and keep you posted. Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts