Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trunk lid pops all the up to the limit with no restraint.....Shouldn't it come up slow and easy?....Should it have shock absorbers or something to slow it down?

My auto brake release doesn't release the first few times a day.....have to use manual release about 2 or 3 times in the morning.....cold or normal temperatures the same......vacuum?.....electrical?......Don't know....Help, please.

Bakatari

·
Registered
78 Posts
Bakatari said:
My trunk lid pops all the up to the limit with no restraint.....Shouldn't it come up slow and easy?....Should it have shock absorbers or something to slow it down?

Bakatari
There's nothing wrong with having quick access to the trunk. It goes up fast, but you should have "trunk pull down," which automatically closes your trunk once the lid reaches a certain point. I believe all Caddy trunks fly open lest they be unsprung and wack you on the head when a gentle breeze blows through. (That happens to me all the time with my Eagle Vision.)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
geigs said:
There's nothing wrong with having quick access to the trunk. It goes up fast, but you should have "trunk pull down," which automatically closes your trunk once the lid reaches a certain point. I believe all Caddy trunks fly open lest they be unsprung and wack you on the head when a gentle breeze blows through. (That happens to me all the time with my Eagle Vision.)
Geigs,

I have both an auto trunk release in the car and on my keys.....I know about the trunk lid pull down on this car.....Never saw a luxury car that didn't have some kind of retarder on the trunk lid to keep it from hitting the stops hard and missaligning the trunk lid.....I think it is supposed to have shocks or torsion bar or something.....

Bakatari

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Bakatari