Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Deville
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm a new member to this forum but I'v been using your posts for the last month to get my recently bought Deville back to "dependable". Thanks to all of you.

I ran diagnostics and got code I039 Current. It's not basically not communicating between the shocks and the PCM. The term is "Loss of Road Sensing Suspension Data. I basically know what to look for. I was wondering how to diagnose if the shocks are bad or if the comprosor has parts. Surely there are wires and things to ohmm out. I'm looking forward to your opinions. Thanks

·
Registered
94 Deville
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll back to you on the other codes. I can't remember for sure but I think that was the only current code I had. I'll look into the FSM also.

·
Registered
94 Deville
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm a little confused at the moment. I got new tires yesterday and told the mechanic to let me know if he saw and disconnected wires or anything with the shocks in the rear. He didn't mention anything but the car is sitting level again. I checked the codes and the I039 is History now. The others are all history too. P052H I039H R042H R061H and R062 H. It seems to be fixed. Should I worry or celebrate?

·
Registered
1994 (4.9) & 1997 (4.6) Deville
77 Posts
Celebrate, and hope it doesn't come back. My 94 Deville has the same shocks. There is a small connector that plugs in at the top of the shock tower, you can see where it goes in the engine bay. It just unplugs from the top of each strut. There is a ride control computer in the trunk, lower right side on the back side of the rear seat, but is accessed from the trunk. There is a procedure in the FSM for resetting the computer at that box, and reading other codes through a flashing led light. Eventually they will fail to communicate, and you will have to decide to change over to regular non-electric struts. They don't sell em anymore, and they used to go for, I think $800 each. Don't know if its worth finding somebody to refurbish them or not. There are multiple sensors that send info to the system, I never got very far with my own troubleshooting, because it sounds like a PIA. :bonkers:

·
Registered
94 Deville
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to check that out, thanks for the advice. It did come back to current again.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Road sensing suspension and that code has nothing to do with the compressor or the leveling suspension. It's related to system with the plugs that MRneatfreak mentioned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts