Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Concours 4.6L FWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 94 Concours and recently when it's running I can feel a lot of hesitation, missing and when I start it up it idles pretty rough then comes back down, but I can smell rich scent of gas. I checked the spark plugs and they look like the engine has been running too hot; I know there's something screwy with my fuel-air mixture (not too sure what exactly I can do about that, is that computer related?) and I know there is a vacuum leak (I'm replacing what seems to be the throttle body? where I could feel and hear a leak) it's located on top of what seems to be the air cleaner inlet duct and I feel if I replace the vacuum connection from the throttle body with another that isn't as beat up from a junkyard or something, can anyone tell me what exactly that's called and what it's for exactly? I'm just hoping to extend the life of a beautiful car that's about to make it's home in Florida. I wanna make her happy. I appreciate it!

Pictures below
in the first the vacuum leak is in the dead center, where the two hoses are attached and they're actually duct taped (jesus, i know) so I'm sure if I replace that and the sensor unit it connects to (i took it off as well to replace, any information is much appreciated!)
the second it is on the air duct bolted down right above the drivers side motor mount and in the middle of the picture

Attachments

·
Registered
04 CTS 3.6 Black
29 Posts
rev up the car and have someone stand behind it and see if you get any dark smoke. if you do you are getting unburnt fuel through your exhaust. also check for leaky injectors, as this may also be a problem.

where are you in FL?

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,573 Posts
Can't tell much from those pictures, but your problem sounds like a leaky FPR. It's the round canister in the upper right of picture one, mounted on the fuel rail with a vacuum hose on it. Pull the hose while idling. If there is any fuel pressent at the nipple, replace it.

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
I am not sure about the fuel pressure regulator but a good idea is to replace it while you can. However on the 3 port vacuum unit taped up on the throttle body is a cause of some problems also. I have one that is cracked also and if I do not keep tape on it my AC stops coming out of the vents. Any vacuum leak is a problem of this car. If anyone can give me some insight where to get this 3 port vacuum header it would be great for both of us. Thanks Jim

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
One more thing you do know that there is two different size bolds holding the intake top on. The ones closes to the throttle body are silver and a dad shorter thanks Jim

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Concours 4.6L FWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, that tri-port rubber connector piece is called a "harness" apparently and since it's Cadillac specific, the dealer wants something like $150 for it, which is ridiculous, so I crafted something together from the Help! blister packs and some extra 3/8" hose from Advance. Saved me about..144 dollars. Hah

1 - 6 of 6 Posts