Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Escalade Premium Luxury
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The passenger side power lock just stopped working, but not totally, which is why I'm confused. Wondering if anyone can help.

Basically, the key fob transmitter will lock all the doors, no problem. The driver's side and passenger side switches will lock all the doors, no problem.

However, when I press the key fob button 2x for unlock all, that only flips the lever in the door up on 3 doors. Passenger side stays locked and needs to be lifted manually. Same thing when I unlock using the door panel switches, all flip up except the passenger side door. I can see it twitch like it wants to go up, but then it just twitches right on back down to the lock position.

I tried to feel if anything was hanging up when I lifted it manually. It didn't seem to need to be forced into the up position, lever operation felt pretty smooth, but maybe a little sticky...

Also, the key doesn't unlock that door either. It turns one way fine, but the other direction seems to only go 1/2 way. Kinda lends credibility to something mechanical, not electrical???

Any ideas? Me and my "significant other who gets in that side and hates standing out in the rain while I get my ass in the car first to flip her lock open manually" greatly appreciate your help on a quick fix.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,788 Posts
Your gonna need to pull the door panel. I suspect whatever it is will become very apparent. I was thinking actuator but since it acts the sane with the key I would suspect a linkage rod maybe.

·
Registered
2018 Escalade Premium Luxury
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I kinda figured, any tips on getting that panel off? I've done it before on other cars, but not on this one.

Also, how would it get damaged in the first place (linkage rod?)

TY

1 - 3 of 3 Posts