Cadillac Owners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Yeah I hate not having glass by the rear passengers face!
Its so claustraphobic and uncomfy.

The rear wing sealed the deal for me + the nicer interiors and younger age of the 97+ years

Discussion starter · #22 ·
powerglide said:
Yeah I hate not having glass by the rear passengers face!
Its so claustraphobic and uncomfy.

The rear wing sealed the deal for me + the nicer interiors and younger age of the 97+ years
I have owned a couple of cars where that is the case, and it is not pleasant at all. The worst one, of recent years, was a 2001 Vauxhall Astra. It was a nice car to run around in, which was all it was used for. It had a decent sized engine for such a small car, and enough legroom for passengers, however, if they were taler than 5'4 their face would be met with a piece of metal. This was the five door model.

http://www.autoreview.ru/new_site/year2002/n03/astra_coupe/800/astra-12.jpg

The car on the left was just like the one we had. The Coupe model didnt ever strike me.

I really dont liekto think any of my passengers would be discomforted, and when there is sheet metal, it feels like youre in a van.

I sold two 1999 Devilles 1.5 months ago.

One of them was Royal Blue Metallic, one of my favorite colors on the 1997-1999 Deville, it had 76,000 miles and sold for $7,950. It went to a gentleman in Colorado:

The other was Dark Blue Metallic with 61,000 miles and sold for $7,800. It went to a gentleman in Texas:

Just to give you an idea of what they are bringing price-wise, I sold both on eBay.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
That first one is a beautiful colour. I would like one in that colour, but the wife wants black or white diamond pearl (i think thats the name of it)

IM going to go and persuade her to get a metallic blue one :sneaky:

The Royal Blue Metallic is a special order color just like the Diamond White Pearl, and I do not come across many. I used to have a dealers license but now I buy/sell on the side either locally or on eBay with the help of my oldest son.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
My importer has spoken with my office today, and he has found a black 1999 Base Deville, with a moonroof AND Bose sound with CD stack!!

48,000 miles

For $10,995

Plus his fees and importing costs.

Is it worth it?

mccombie_5 said:
My importer has spoken with my office today, and he has found a black 1999 Base Deville, with a moonroof AND Bose sound with CD stack!!
48,000 miles
For $10,995
Plus his fees and importing costs.
Is it worth it?
sounds about right , hope you can drive/inspect before siging for it ...

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Stoneage_Caddy said:
sounds about right , hope you can drive/inspect before siging for it ...
Well, he knows what to look for, he knows not to try and con me either because i have been using him for some years.

I will get to drive it, and i dont have to pay anything until i pick it up from his compound, so if it isnt up to par there, i simply wont touch it.

Your wife has excellent taste in cars. The 94-99 Cadillac Devilles are the last of the real Caddy's, large American sedans with solid V8 power. They re styled the Caddy in 2000, and although the result is quite handsome, it no longer says "Cadillac" the way the 94-99 models do. I acquired my first Caddy, a '99 Deville with 51K miles on it early this year. I have put nearly 20k very enjoyable miles on it with NO mechanical trouble what so ever.

Discussion starter · #36 ·
dstarr said:
Your wife has excellent taste in cars. The 94-99 Cadillac Devilles are the last of the real Caddy's, large American sedans with solid V8 power. They re styled the Caddy in 2000, and although the result is quite handsome, it no longer says "Cadillac" the way the 94-99 models do. I acquired my first Caddy, a '99 Deville with 51K miles on it early this year. I have put nearly 20k very enjoyable miles on it with NO mechanical trouble what so ever.
Very much so, she as i mentioned, has a 200-05 DHS, with a console rather than bench seat, as also mentioned, and she loves it, but we much prefer the styling of the 94-99

Discussion starter · #37 ·
I collect it on Thursday, I'm taking the day off work to go and collect it :D

I have to go with my son and my pal, who is a mechanic and knows Cadillacs, there is a Buick Lacrosse at the importer's warehouse with about 60 miles on it, a 2005 he imported but the customer backed out at the last minute. He's offering me it below list price, i might take that :sneaky:

LOL!

Nothing beats a good deal!

Lacrosse looks good from certain angles.....I haven't seen many on the roads.

..........maybe you can make a deal on the pair. Either way, if you buy it, I'm sure you're helping your importer out of a bind and will lead to better deals down the road maybe.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
powerglide said:

..........maybe you can make a deal on the pair. Either way, if you buy it, I'm sure you're helping your importer out of a bind and will lead to better deals down the road maybe.
THe LAcrosse is a good looking car from what i see, and thats right, i will be helping hi out, and then he'll owe me a favour, it is a pretty smll firm he runs, so he cant really afford to be having a £20k sitting losing value...

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.