Cadillac Owners Forum banner
4K views 44 replies 8 participants last post by  mccombie_5 
#1 ·
Hi guys, ive been chatting to my wife tonight about what new car she wants, I expected her todsay a CTS-V or STS, she will get a DTS luxury III next yea but It turns out she wants the 94-99 style Deville Concours too.

Im looking for a low mileage model, all options (thus the Concours) in a nice coolour with no rust or damage, we live in the UK so she will import the car.

Anything i should know about these things?

We have a 2004 DHS already, but shes looking for an older style caddy (with the rear lights as the are on the 94-99) and likes the Deville.

Thanks

#2 ·
theres a mid break there in that series , 1997 , where the nose was softend up , and the rear wheel wells were opend up ...northstar became standard fare in 96 on any deville , prior to that any base deville was a 4.9 car .....

concorse are very pretty , but im partial to the 94-96 concorse and regualr devilles , i dont like how 97+ got the flat front fender tops and open rear wheel wells ....not to mention the dash got boreing

#7 ·
Aside from the exterior differences betweeen cars 97+ and 94-96, theres a huge difference in the interior IMO. If you like 'classic' slightly retro looking buttons and layout, the 94-96 will ift your bill (check out ebay, they have good pictures). Personally, I really liked the open wheel well and more importantly the new interior in the 97+

#8 ·
I showed my wife some pictures of the interiors, and she likes both (i couldnt see much difference) and she preferred the styling of the 97-99 because of the front lights (i like them too)

We saw a black one with cream leather on ebay, and its beautiful. She either watns black or white (pearl)

#9 ·
I found a 1998 Concours with 80,000 miles for my daughters fiance for $5,400. It needed some minor work, but all in all he has $6,500 in it and it is performing wonderfully.

:thumbsup:
I have sold many 1997-1999 Deville Concours and they are one of my favorite FWD Cadillacs after the Fleetwood Limited, especially if they have the moonroof option.

#10 ·
Leloz said:
I found a 1998 Concours with 80,000 miles for my daughters fiance for $5,400. It needed some minor work, but all in all he has $6,500 in it and it is performing wonderfully.

:thumbsup:
I have sold many 1997-1999 Deville Concours and they are one of my favorite FWD Cadillacs after the Fleetwood Limited, especially if they have the moonroof option.
Yes, the Fleetwood Limited would be a first choice, but theyre pretty rare. That Concours in the picture is very nice indeed. Black Cadillacs just oooze wealth for me. Fully loaded would be the ideal there. Although we like the bench seat idea, meaning we can get five passnegers in, it provides a nice replacement for the ESV that i will be losing next year. So we will only be one seat down, but in a much more stylish body.

#12 ·
Stoneage_Caddy said:
dont kid yourself ....you can only really fit 5 in a bench seat car ....there may be 6 belts but with 6 adults on board the car is wicked cramped
I generally dont carry six adults in the ESV, the rear row is usually taken up by children, but there will be one seat extra anyway since the passing of my great grandmother. Theres usually two or three kids and two or three adults.

Two adults this year.

<sigh>

We'll all get in, it just saves me making two trips.

#14 ·
Leloz said:
That is the main reason why I sold my ESV Platinum. My kids are all grown and graduated college and I already had a E-350 for towing.
Does your Range Rover have the extra seating in the hatch?
Mine is the Platinum too, Leloz. What year was yours?

The Range Rover has five seats, i could have gotten some in the back, Overfinch will do this for me, but since my family very rarely travel in this car i decided it wasnt worth it.

This new Deville will do for the relatives run at Christmas and familt type things. that extra seat will be useful

The Range Rover is used for doing site inspections, and is regularly following in the ruts of Euclid dumptrucks. It comes home up to the wing mirrors in mud, its a working car. I will be replacing in 2006-7 ish.

In case you dont know what a Euclid is....
http://www.minecountry.com/homeMine/photos/p46.jpg

#18 ·
Young DeVille said:
The 97-99 Devilles are the best IMO... Even better than the 00-05's
Well i do like our 04, its a nice luxury car, smooth liek cream, but i have always liked the look of the 94-99.

My wife spoke with our importer today, he will go and buy us a Black or white (first choice black) with cream leather

We have specified a bench seat and column shift, because six seats (obviously two occasional) will be useful. So we are looking at either a base 97-99, or a Concours 94-96.

We arent buying this car for power, as it will only be an occasional "family car".

#20 ·
Exactly Powerglide!!

For me, the rear half of the 1994-99 sums up the name cadillac for me, vertical winged lights, high trunklid, small limousine style rear window, and doors with glass where your faceis in the back! so many cars have a lump of metal here, the 99 doesnt.

#22 ·
powerglide said:
Yeah I hate not having glass by the rear passengers face!
Its so claustraphobic and uncomfy.

The rear wing sealed the deal for me + the nicer interiors and younger age of the 97+ years
I have owned a couple of cars where that is the case, and it is not pleasant at all. The worst one, of recent years, was a 2001 Vauxhall Astra. It was a nice car to run around in, which was all it was used for. It had a decent sized engine for such a small car, and enough legroom for passengers, however, if they were taler than 5'4 their face would be met with a piece of metal. This was the five door model.

http://www.autoreview.ru/new_site/year2002/n03/astra_coupe/800/astra-12.jpg

The car on the left was just like the one we had. The Coupe model didnt ever strike me.

I really dont liekto think any of my passengers would be discomforted, and when there is sheet metal, it feels like youre in a van.

#23 ·
I sold two 1999 Devilles 1.5 months ago.

One of them was Royal Blue Metallic, one of my favorite colors on the 1997-1999 Deville, it had 76,000 miles and sold for $7,950. It went to a gentleman in Colorado:

The other was Dark Blue Metallic with 61,000 miles and sold for $7,800. It went to a gentleman in Texas:

Just to give you an idea of what they are bringing price-wise, I sold both on eBay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.