Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought id let everyone who wants to put an aftermarket deck in their 94-99 Deville that I managed to upload the wiring diagrams neseccary for that install. Go to the pictures section and type in "Wiring Diagrams" as a key word search.

·
Registered
37 Posts
[/IMG]wiring diagrams[QUOTE=Slick Black Cadillac]Just thought id let everyone who wants to put an aftermarket deck in their 94-99 Deville that I managed to upload the wiring diagrams neseccary for that install. Go to the pictures section and type in "Wiring Diagrams" as a key word search.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS
65 Posts
Hate to raise a thread from the dead, but are theses available? I need one for a 99 Deville.

Thx :)
Ian
Did you try following the instructions in the first post (above)? I just tried it, and it worked for me. Not exactly the sharpest or highest-definition images, but a lot better than nothing, and my thanks to the original poster.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
Hi there,

I can't seem to find them. Where is the "pics" section? I see Photo Albums..Is this it? When I search,for "wiring diagrams" I just returned to this thread.

Confusedly yours, :)

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
Here the wiring diagram for a 99 Deville -

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Orange
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Yellow
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Gray
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: Brown
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: Pink
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Tan
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Light Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Green
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Blue
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Light Blue

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Is this the same type of info that crutchfield has on their site?

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
The wiring colors seem to be inacurate...I don't remember Cadillac EVER having 2 power wires for the HU(during this period):

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Orange - IT IS NOT CONSTANT
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Yellow - THERE IS NO SUCH SIGNAL
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: Brown - DIMMER+ILUMINATION is the same GRAY wire.
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: Pink - INCORRECT COLOR

Then the audio wires...is it BOSE is it Base? - BIG DIFFERENCE
The above colors match the base cars.BOSE cars don't have the same signals (you have low level left/right and chime) only up to the RIM.

This seem to be to me the color code of an aftermarket harness, not the car harness.
'94-'95 and '96-'99 had TOTALLY different sound systems so you can't possibly have a diagram covering '94 to '99.
The wiring was the same '94 and '95 or between '96 and '99, if you have '99 then you have any year down to '96 and so on.
Be careful with information found on Internet, is not always accurate.

If you don’t even know what is the difference between base and BOSE then my advice is to leave it alone.

·
Registered
99 Deville Concours
24 Posts
Re-resurrecting this thread once again...

99 Deville Concours NON Bose radio. I need a confirmed radio diagram (the one above is not correct I have no pink wire in the dash) I am desperate for a diagram of the radio wires because...

The previous owner cut off and threw away the original radio plug. I have the wires in the dash and a new GM 32 pin plug to put on, but I need to know what pins on the plug the original wiring goes to. I am trying to re-wire the original head unit back into this Cadillac nightmare car.

·
Registered
99 Deville Concours
24 Posts
Here are the wires that exist in my dash;

3 "bundles"of wires. first is green, green with a stripe, and a bare wire. next is a tan, dark green, and a bare wire. last is a purple with a stripe, a dark blue with a stripe, and a bare wire.
After that, "loose" wires (not bundled) are black possibly with a stripe ( i need to look closer in daylight), black, dark green, green, heavy-gauge orange, orange with a stripe, purple, purple with a stripe, and a gray.

What I really need is a guide for what pins (E 1-15 and F 1-15) that these wires connect to, to match what the radio expects.

I think the purple and purple striped is the data link and they go to F6 and E6, but I'm not sure which is which to what pin.

There are no brown or pink wires that were cut, so every other diagram or color guide I have seen posted must be for the Bose version, that I don't have.

Help? :noidea:

wire_resize.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts