Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Deville Concourse
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my 94 with the Y engine (similar to the 95, at least the intake and fuel rail is) has developed a leak around the Y-pipe. I am not sure exactly as I have not seen it I had Mineke throw it on a lift for a quick look. They claim the short Y pipe is rusted out, maybe at the clamp but cannot see it. They also could not locate the part or the cross over pipe and basically didn't want to get involved with a 21 year old system :suspense: Earlier this winter I had a 2nd gear lockup in the tranny and a hard warm start, while battling 4 feet of snow.

The tranny cleared when I disabled traction control, then on a warm day 35 Degrees I replaced the fuel pressure reg to cure the hard start. Now weather is clearing and I purchased my plugs and wires (close outs of course) and this pipe decides to break.
Any thoughts on who might have have or be able to make the pipes? Any way to get into see it besides dropping the whole carriage? If I can get close, I have Plenty of JB Weld..

Funny how this leak also effects the engine. Normally it would start and go right to 750 rpms now it hits 950 but eventually comes down. Only new current code is 76...36 and 38 have been around since the fall.

I really need to fix this leak or else get rid of the car... It's still a beauty with 158 k I've owned it a year and a 1/2 and expected it to be my last car. I have done a bit of work to her but money is tight and I am slipping away.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,803 Posts
possibly one reason you haven't had any response is you need to post the codes with definitions. no one has them memorized. See the sticky at the top of the page.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts