Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
99 Cadillac STS
Joined
·
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if and where I could buy the little latch piece that fits at the back of the cup holder track. Mine fell out and in to pieces. It has about 4 plastic pieces and a tiny little spring. Its not so clear on how it would fit back togeather either. If you could give me any info or any leads it would be much appreciated. :hmm:
 

·
Registered
99 Cadillac STS
Joined
·
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was it just the latch or was it the whole assembly? Thanks for the repley too!!!! :highfive:
 

·
Registered
2001 ETC Sequoia
Joined
·
878 Posts
Individual parts are not available; you pretty much have to purchase the entire assembly. A new one from one of the discount parts retailers runs around $100.

The only other alternatives are eBay and "parts recyclers." I've had good experiences with:

http://www.cadauto.com .

Regards,
Warrren

P.S. Let us know if you have a success story. Too many posts like this end without anyone knowing what finally happened.
 

·
Registered
99 Cadillac STS
Joined
·
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I've actually been to that place in person. It was pretty good. I've been to some other ones near there too that totally try to burn you.
 

·
Registered
2001 ETC Sequoia
Joined
·
878 Posts
Rob_M said:
Yeah, I've actually been to that place in person. It was pretty good. I've been to some other ones near there too that totally try to burn you.
I'd have to say you're well located. :)

If I lived near them folk they'd likely have a coffee mug on the shelf with my name on it! :rolleyes:

Regards,
Warren
 

·
Registered
99 Cadillac STS
Joined
·
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hahhhaahhaahah... Yeah it is pretty cool. It's a trip too. They got this long street called Recycle Road and they have an auto recycler for every make out there...
 

·
Registered
1993 Eldo 4.9 66K miles
Joined
·
368 Posts
Rob_M said:
Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if and where I could buy the little latch piece that fits at the back of the cup holder track. Mine fell out and in to pieces. It has about 4 plastic pieces and a tiny little spring. Its not so clear on how it would fit back togeather either. If you could give me any info or any leads it would be much appreciated. :hmm:
Is this the part?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Cadillac STS
Joined
·
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone else know where I can find the latch that NickySantoro shows in the pic???? I read on someone else's thread that cabinet hardware suppliers sometimes carry them. It would be cool if someone could provide me with a link to one.... THX! ROB :hmm:
 

·
Registered
2010 Black Cherry CTS AWD
Joined
·
263 Posts
I'll look around for you a little. If I find anything, I'll let you know. You might want to swing by a junkyard and see if you can get your hands on one.
 

·
Registered
99 Cadillac STS
Joined
·
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Roger That!! I really appreciate it. I probably will end up doing that but its worth a shot to see if anybody sells em'. :thumbsup: Thanks, ROB..
 

·
Registered
99 Cadillac STS
Joined
·
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's fixed!!!!!! Hey if anyone needs a cup holder latch this man named NickySantoro has them. I just got home and opened my mail and it was there. So I went right to the car and put it in and now it is good as new. That saved me at least a good seventy bucks. Thank you so much Nicky. I really do appreciate it!!!!!! :cloud9:
 

·
Registered
2010 Black Cherry CTS AWD
Joined
·
263 Posts
Rob_M said:
It's fixed!!!!!! Hey if anyone needs a cup holder latch this man named NickySantoro has them. I just got home and opened my mail and it was there. So I went right to the car and put it in and now it is good as new. That saved me at least a good seventy bucks. Thank you so much Nicky. I really do appreciate it!!!!!! :cloud9:
Congrats on the fix. I couldn't find anything within reason.
 

·
Registered
99 Cadillac STS
Joined
·
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey thanks for trying anyways. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. These forums are great!!! Thanks again Nicky!! :yup: ROB
 

·
Registered
low mileage Eldorado '93
Joined
·
5 Posts
Nicky, if you have some more, i also need one. i tryed to PM you, unfortunately, i'm new to this forum, so the admin. wouldn't allow it.

the piece of plastic that broke , within the latch, is so small that trying to glue it back together proved impossible.
 

·
Registered
1993 Eldo 4.9 66K miles
Joined
·
368 Posts
I only have one left and I'm going to keep that as a spare for myself. I might be able to get more from the same source but right now I'm still deep in trying to diagnose my own idle problem so anything else is on the back burner.
 

·
Registered
low mileage Eldorado '93
Joined
·
5 Posts
i didn't expect such a fast reply !!!
thanks a lot still... at least i have a picture of the piece to show to recyclers. good luck with your problem.
i love this site !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
I have the same exact problem with my cup holder that comes out of the center console. It's a broken piece that won't allow it to latch shut. I'm going to investigate further when i get home. Thanks for posting a picture Nicky!
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top