Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1993 4.9L Seville - X920BT Navigation w/ backup cam, Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small, slow leak from the front end of my 1993 Seville directly behind the radiator between the radiator and engine. It's tough to tell exactly which line but it appears there are several lines running along the backside of the radiator where the leak could be coming from. The fluid is red and looks to be either transmission or power steering fluid.

Here are two photos - one of the location of the leak below the car along the upper edge of the oil pan; and,
one looking down into the area between the radiator and engine showing the leak below on the ground. Thanks for any feedback as to what the leak is, which line it may be and whether it's likely a line, rubber hose or clamp.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,579 Posts
If it is red, it's either coolant or trans fluid. A sniff test should tell you which it is.

·
Registered
1993 4.9L Seville - X920BT Navigation w/ backup cam, Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it is red, it's either coolant or trans fluid. A sniff test should tell you which it is.
Well I'm running green universal coolant, so in that case it's definitely transmission fluid. I'll examine the lines and see if I can determine where the leak is coming from. Are those lines, rubber hoses and clamps still sold and available new?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts