Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'93 STS (sold), now looking for a CTS Wagon soon!!
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything was just fine....... Then I started my car & the blower went on for a second, then off for a second, then on for a second....then off.....and stays off. It won't come on again.

The A/C works, & I listened, and heard the vacuum doors working inside the dash, but just no air being pushed through the vents. At 65MPH, there is vent air coming through.

I searched the old posts, and the one thing I didn't find an answer to, is if there is a simple fuse or relay to the blower, before I dig further.

I think, the module is located on top of the blower housing? Is that the second thing to check?

I can't figure out the codes, but it seems there isn't a code for a blower not turning on?

What is the first thing to check if the blower doesn't turn on?

( '93 STS )

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,987 Posts
Check the connector on the blower motor to see if it looks burnt. Wiggle it and see if that gets it to work. Most likely the blower took a dive.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the connector on the blower motor to see if it looks burnt. Wiggle it and see if that gets it to work. Most likely the blower took a dive.
If that is the case, I have to remove the coils, etc., & tilt the engine forward & look for a new blower.......

What, again, is the website for GM parts...... Uh, GM Parts Direct? I thought they were off-line for a while?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That would be my concern as well.
I did beef up the blower housing before I installed the North*, maybe I'll have better luck ......

I'll take photos if I actually have to do it..........

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Here is the evidence.... you were correct.

Opening the housing & replacing the motor will not be that bad...just some patience.

I wonder if I can get an AC Delco motor at an autoparts store, verses waiting for one in the mail.... I'd like to do it this weekend.

Thanks, Ranger.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,987 Posts
That is a pretty sure sign that the blower id bad. Order it from Rockauto and you'll have it in a day or two. I think they also have the plugs to replace that one. I ordered a multifunction (turn signal switch) for my daughters '04 Grand Am at about 10:00 in the morning and had it delivered the next day by noon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts