Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '93 Sedan Deville 4.9L V8 and im having 2 serious problems.....

1. When there is about 4 or less gallons of fuel, when i turn to the right, i lose all acceleration and I need to straighten out the wheel and wait 5-7 seconds before I can accelerate again....It is very dangerous at times...This also happens when the road curves to the right (like on highway ramps). This does NOT happen when turning left.

2. There is a loud rattling under the hood when stopped at lights. (maybe even when driving also).....If it gets annoying enough, I will drop down to neutral when sitting at a light, and the rattling/vibration stops....

Any ideas??? Any tips would be much appreciated...THANK YOU!

·
Registered
1996 Deville (sold), 2000 Mustang GT
1,300 Posts
SOmething in the fuel system is amiss, im guessing a pick up or pump.

The rattling or vibration could be a bad trans or motor mount.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,987 Posts
1. The tank baffles are shot. When you turn right, the fuel sloshes to the left and the fuel pump sucks air. Engine won't run on air. You have 2 choices. Replace the tank or keep it above 1/4 tank.

2. Hard to say without getting under the hood. Might be a bad belt tensioner or idler pulley. Maybe an exhaust rattle or engine mount as Misfit said.

·
Registered
99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55
3,516 Posts
Ditto Ranger on tank baffles. My 90 did exactly the same thing at 4 gallons or less. Once you're down to that little fuel left the only right turn you make should be into a gas station.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts