Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Sedan Deville, 1993 Sedan Deville
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a lot in this forum about the air ride. I was hoping someone could tell me the diagnostic protocol to check on the air ride system. All of the bells and whistles on my DeVille work, except for the air ride. The rear sits low. The wiring harness feeding the air ride has one hot pin in it, but when I hooked up a pump I picked up from the bone yard, the compressor did not kick on. I am assuming that there must be a problem with the sensor, but I am not really sure where to turn at this point.

I also get the impression from everything I have read that I might just be better off replacing the air ride system with some standard shocks and be done with it because of the cost.

I would appreciate any help you might be able to give me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Don't dump the system! It's simple as hell. You already replaced the lion's share of it. The only other component is the sensor located in the rear over the control arm. The rest is just air hoses and wiring. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you some in-depth info on the system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Katshot,
Thank you for the quick reply. As I a newbie at this site, my pm ability has not yet been activated. However, I am very anxious to get the air ride working, so I hope I am not violating any rules by posting my email.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
87 Deville
630 Posts
Did you check the air compressor you bought from the bone yard to make sure it works ? I would definately Keep the Factory Level Control system in tact. Do you have the car running when you test the compressor? When i start my car after it is running for a few minutes a light comes on in the dash that says "Car is Leveling" and then the compressor kicks on for a short period and the back levels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do not know for certain that the junkyard pump does work. I did check it with the car running and I don't get a light on the dash.

I am convinced that I should keep the system.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Hutchster...... Post Katshots email on here..... IT will be very useful to other people in the future.......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi i have a problem with my air suspention on 1996 Deville, the compressor has gotten extremely loud is there a way to fix that or where can i purchase a new compressor like it? Thanks very much! Dave
please respond to

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac DTS
8 Posts
HI Katshot,
Can you email me the inofrmation you sent out on the Air Ride system. My name is Jose Ortiz. Thank you

·
Registered
90 Cadillac Deville, 2008 CTS4 w/ 3.6DI
30 Posts
Don't dump the system! It's simple as hell. You already replaced the lion's share of it. The only other component is the sensor located in the rear over the control arm. The rest is just air hoses and wiring. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you some in-depth info on the system.

hey, can you also send me the info? .. i'm troubleshooting a 1990 deville with the same problem. it's been neglected for years. i'm tempted to dump the air ride and go with a conversion kit but not sure i really want to. in my case the compressor kicks on and all, i can feel the air coming out of the outlet but haven't had time to trace all connections yet or take a rear hose off and see if it's pumping. the front looks fine but still sags, but the rear is very low... i can't find anything in the chiltons on the compressor or shocks.

thanks.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
My son has a94 devill and is having the same problem with the air ride system. Please send me the info also like everyone else
Thanks in advance
Terry

·
Registered
Cadillac
10 Posts
i need some advice on my air ride on my 84 eldo biarritz. i have changed the compressor and the sensor works fine but i can't figure out what is going wrong. I hear it clicking but :banghead:my compressor isn't pumping air. I'm pulling my hair out guys....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts