Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Super Moderator
2010 DTS
89,562 Posts
Those pressures are a little low. Could be a weak pump. I'd tape the gauge to the windshield and drive it til it dies keeping one eye on the gauge. If the pressure starts to fall before it dies, then the pump is the culprit.

· Super Moderator
2010 DTS
89,562 Posts
I would drive it with the gauge taped to the windshield so you can see what happens to the fuel pressure. If it won't start, try spraying some Brakleen or such in the TB. If it runs on that, then it is definitely the fuel pump.

· Super Moderator
2010 DTS
89,562 Posts
Yeah, mine was to short also. I got a brass barbed coupler from the hardware store and another length of fuel line and lengthened it so that it was useful if I ever needed it again. You can also replace the hose with an old R12 A/C gauge hose. Short of that, replace the pump and see if that helps. Kind of sounds like a failing pump anyway.

· Super Moderator
2010 DTS
89,562 Posts
Never had a '93 or '94 so I am not sure , but I don't think any gaskets need to be replaced.

I think you may be referring to the FPR (Fuel Pressure Regulator). Pull the vacuum hose at idle. If there is any fuel present at the nipple, then it needs to be replaced.

There probably is a way to test the CKP sensors, but I'm not sure how.

· Super Moderator
2010 DTS
89,562 Posts
When the fuel pump went on my '92, it ran fine when cold (first :10 - 15 min) even at WOT. after that if I went WOT it would fall flat on it's face, but would run just fine otherwise. I'm sure had I let it go it would have gotten worse. Maybe a bad ICM or coil.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.