Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac Seville STS 1993 N*
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have a problem with my fans. I had the tranny changed about a month ago. That means, that the engine was taken out etc. After i got my car back from the shop i realized in a day or two that my fans are not operating. Took it back to the shop, they told me that they are working. The problem is, that they don't. If i idle and let the temperature rise to the point where fans should start it blows the fans fuse. There are no codes and they don't seem to work if i test them from the diagnostics mode. What could be the reason the fuse is blowing? Before i took it to the shop they worked fine. I'm going to take it back to the shop in a couple of weeks, but maybe it's just a easy fix?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,120 Posts
Hello!

I have a problem with my fans. I had the tranny changed about a month ago. That means, that the engine was taken out etc. After i got my car back from the shop i realized in a day or two that my fans are not operating. Took it back to the shop, they told me that they are working. The problem is, that they don't. If i idle and let the temperature rise to the point where fans should start it blows the fans fuse. There are no codes and they don't seem to work if i test them from the diagnostics mode. What could be the reason the fuse is blowing? Before i took it to the shop they worked fine. I'm going to take it back to the shop in a couple of weeks, but maybe it's just a easy fix?

Thanks!
That would lead me to think that the fan is shorting out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts