Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Fleetwood RWD, 99 Deville
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced a fuel data center where one of the buttons died.

My RANGE button doesnt work anymore. When you press it, it is like pressing the instant mileage button. I cannot access my oil life indicator either. I guess because the button doesnt work. Any one else have this problem? Its on a 93 Sixty Special

Blaze

·
Registered
2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville
1,089 Posts
Buttons on my 93 Deville all work. Maybe yours is just worn out? Do you push it a lot? You might be able to find a fuel data center assembly in a junkyard for few bux.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont really mess with it all, just every now and then. The car doesnt have that many miles, so it should not be wore out. But who knows.

Blaze

·
Registered
1992 Cadillac Sedan Deville
175 Posts
On my Grandpa's 1985 Fleetwood FWD which has only 26,000 miles the Climate Control Warmer and Colder Buttons only work once in a great while. I think the problem with yours and my Grandpa's Fleetwood is that the buttons were not used enough. Maybe you should try some contact cleaner on the button before you try to replace the Fuel Data Center. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have never thought about not enough use. Thats a good idea. Ill try taking it out and cleaning it and see what happens.

Blaze

·
Registered
96 Concours, 90 Deville
112 Posts
youbetcha77 said:
I have never thought about not enough use. Thats a good idea. Ill try taking it out and cleaning it and see what happens.
Blaze
The same sort of thing happens sometimes with the key fob buttons. You can take them apart and see where grease has built up on the metal contacts which makes the remote fob buttons not works(e.g. unlock, lock, trunk, etc.) You can just take those apart and clean the contacts and they will work great.

·
Registered
2005 Lexus LS430, 1993 Deville
181 Posts
If you do have to wind up replacing the fuel data center I do see them allot on ebay. Usually they are between $10-$30. Hope the contact cleaner works but if it does not this is a cheap alternative.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts